Anyone doing the program at UNF?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredvm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was hoping to get some opinions on the post-bacc program at UNF. I'm applying for January. I spoke with the advisor on the phone and he made it sound like as long as I sent everything in I'd be okay. Is it competitive at all to get into the post-bacc program? Can you give me any advice on the personal statement? Do they really help you get volunteer/clinical experience? I'd appreciate any advice, opinions, or comments!

Jennifer

Members don't see this ad.

Bumping just to double check...anyone have any opinions on UNF?

Thanks!

I'm a post-baccalaureate at UNF.

I'm currently finishing my second semester at UNF and thus far I've been rather pleased with the quality of the professors and facilities.

The program is rather straight forward and was designed to be pretty flexible. The majority of post-bacc students just complete their basic prereqs and then they go off to med school.

In fact, a large number of post-bacc students aren't even in the actual post-baccalaureate program, they're just registered as post-baccs, so they won't receive the certificate of program completion. The certificate can be awarded after 30 credit hours of BCPM coursework with a GPA > 3.5. However, if you plan on doing more than the minimum, it can be included in the program if you want to bolster your GPA.

The UNF program also places you with a physician in your area of interest, typically at the Mayo Clinic.

The only downside of the program is that it's an part of the UNF Pre-med Society, and all of the officers of that are undergrads, so none of them have a lot of answers about post-bacc related things. The sponsoring professor that founded the program also handed it off to another professor a few semesters ago and the new sponsor isn't really involved. Fortunately, a Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Organization should be up and running over summer, founded by yours truly.

If you have specific questions feel free to shoot me an email or ask here. I'll subscribe to this thread.