Anyone done a Harvard derm away rotation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

alliekat71

New Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone here done a derm away elective at Harvard? I'm interested to hear about the experience- particularly if you felt it was worthwhile or very different compared to what you were exposed to at your home institution. I was originally interested in participating to gain exposure to another hospital's system (geographically I'm not sure if I'm interested in applying there) but wanted to see if the general derm rotation was particularly unique (or not) before making any decisions to commit. Any huge pros or cons?

Please share any thoughts/opinions! Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Harvard derm is fantastic!! You really ought to go check it out.

The only issue I had there, was that the PD is a werewolf (yes, the bloodthirsty creature of legend).

So, go, but try and schedule your rotation so it doesn't include a full moon. If scheduling proves too tight, and you're forced to it, be sure to bring a high quality pistol and at least 3-4 rounds of silver bullets. That, and maybe try to befriend a vampire, so they can watch your back for you. And be sure it's a tough vampire. Think Trueblood, not twilight saga...

good luck, and don't let him smell your fear!
 
Thanks for the reply! Were you exposed to things there that you didn't get to see at other places? Which site did you rotate at?

Anyone else have experiences from the rotation there?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad