Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Anyone else applied to SUNY DOWNSTATE program??

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by Biogirl804, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Biogirl804

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hello All, I was just wondering if anyone else applied to this program? Im kinda nervous about it but we will see.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ukraine

2+ Year Member

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]

I've applied there, but they haven't invited me to an interview yet! And this is kind of strange because they recieved my application before early deadline. I thought my chances of getting accepted there were good, but now I'm not so sure.

4. PTWannabe

5+ Year Member

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    It seems like a long time since I applied, as well! I thought maybe I got scrapped since I didn't hear about an interview, but I just received a letter from them saying they have all my stuff and are processing my application.

5. myr

myr

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    I also just got the letter saying my application is ready to be fwded to the PT department - but they had everything since early November!

They must have some hold up with the processing, becasue I also expected at least an interview.

I emailed to try to find out how long it would take to hear, since I needed to let another school know if I would accept their offer, but didn't even get a response from SUNY.

6. smiley1

smiley1 Columbia DPT-2012
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    I just got that same letter today...but i called them up last week and they said that I was competitive for interview. They said they'd be in touch with me about scheduling one soon...

7. Biogirl804

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Yea the samething with me. I received a letter saying that they are processing my application.

8. caduceus27

caduceus27 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hello all
    Though I did not apply to the PT program, I can give some news about SUNY Downstate OT department. I dont know whats going on in the PT department, but I can say the in terms of the OT department they took quite a while to call me for an interview and I applied in late august. But they already sent out acceptance letters. good luck to all I just think its a matter of time.

9. Ukraine

2+ Year Member

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    This is rediculous. I still haven't heard from them!:mad:

10. PTWannabe

5+ Year Member

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    I've heard that SUNY is unorganized and tends to respond late, or not at all.

11. myr

myr

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    FYI, I got a call on Friday to schedule an interview. I'll be meeting with them on Wednesday.

I got into Hunter and already accepted a place there because I had to let them know by mid-December, but am also interested in SUNY.

Anyone have thoughts on comparing the programs - if I do end up accepted to both, I am not sure how to decide. Hunter is slightly cheaper, and has a great reputation, but SUNY has nice facilities and is also appealing to me.

Anyone know the inside scoop on *both* programs care to shed some light on their pros and cons comparatively?

12. Ukraine

2+ Year Member

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    I finally got a phone message from SUNY regarding the interview today. If anyone interviewed with them already please tell me what they asked.

13. goingplaces

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    i never got that letter. and i to am still wiating for a call for an interview

14. NYCPT

Rehab Sci Student
    That thread was from previous years and not this application cycle. I am not sure if they have started calling candidates for interviews as yet. Let's cross fingers that you will get a call soon.

15. goingplaces

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    anyone heard from downstate for an interview for the 2012 PT program

16. ptdpt

Rehab Sci Student
    I would like to know too. A friend told me that she heard they may have started. I am going to give them a call tomorrow. Maybe you should too.

17. ShadyChemist

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    Hi, I applied to Downstate mid-November last year and they just e-mailed me today about an interview. Just a heads up.

18. ShadyChemist

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    Hi, I applied to Downstate last November and just received an e-mail today about an interview. Just giving a heads up.

19. GreenTea15

I applied to Downstate as well, does anyone happen to know how they contact the student if they have been selected for an interview? I guess by email or mail ? I emailed them this morning but I haven't heard back, usually they are pretty quick with replies!

20. ptdpt

Rehab Sci Student
    They sent me an email, maybe you would want to give them a call. I interviewed about week and half ago.

21. GreenTea15

I see, alright! Thanks! Haven't heard back from other places, getting kind of scared! Good luck to you
    : )