maksidaa

shaniqua
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2005
athens. ga
Status
hey y'all, i was just wondering if anyone else is wasting time not getting supplementals done. i think i have three to do right now, but i haven't even started on 2 of them. i guess i've been busy with class, but i just don't feel like doing them when i'm not in lab or studying...

MrZ123

DAT: AA/TS/PAT 21/22/21
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2006
Status
Dentist
Yea, where are all these supplemental apps. from? I applied to 13 schools in the northeast and the only supplemental was from University of Pennsylvania, and it didn't take long.

About the Ads
OP
maksidaa

maksidaa

shaniqua
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2005
athens. ga
Status
so far NOVA and UPENN have asked for supplemental stuff and i need to do the one for UNC, although they haven't asked for it yet. next week when i'm done with classes i'm gonna get 'em done ( i hope ).

kokobean

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2006
California
Status
Dentist
yesss i'm lazy to write out all these essay answers

hokiedds

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2005
Status
maksidaa said:
so far NOVA and UPENN have asked for supplemental stuff and i need to do the one for UNC, although they haven't asked for it yet. next week when i'm done with classes i'm gonna get 'em done ( i hope ).
The UNC supplemental is available online now, but it has a few essay questions so don't put it off too long.

PChemGrad

I am a banana.
10+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
i have yet for my application to be mailed out yet. so no secondaries, but i am not looking forward to those additional essays. why do they have us fill out a standard application then ask for more, why not just include it on the original application. i think it is to see who is really interested, and another reason to ask for more money.

armorshell

One Man Freak Show
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2006
Status
Non-Student
Eh, the essays are annoying, but at least all the schools pretty much ask the same questions.

crazy_sherm

å♪▼æ╬‼▄·
10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2004
San Francisco
Status
Dentist
Suck it up and fill out those secondaries everyone. Everyday you delay, the lower your chances are of getting accepted. When you look back, the small sacrifice of free time will be insignificant. Time to stay focused and be serious about applying. You've done so much as far as the application process goes, not a good time to slack off now.

714guy

counting down till 5/2012
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2004
Visit site
Status
Dental Student
i have yet for my application to be mailed out yet. so no secondaries,...
Really? my application hasn't been mailed out either (submitted 7/22), but I just got the Nova 2nds today. :)

714guy

counting down till 5/2012
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2004
Visit site
Status
Dental Student

pine88

Warning:
10+ Year Member
May 3, 2006
Hawaii
Status
Dentist
I just got UMKC's "applicant survey" CD in the mail. 14 essay questions with sub-categories. Sweet, I hate going out on weekends. And I still have to get UCSF's done, so I won't have to hang out with friends for weeks! What a relief :p

armorshell

One Man Freak Show
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2006
Status
Non-Student
I finally just finished my UW secondary (3 or 4 pages of questions to fill out, a form allowing them to do a background check and two 1 page essays :whew:

About the Ads