Anyone else feeling alil bipolar

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsr52

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else feel like studyin for step 1 has made them a bit bipolar. I have moments when im pretty down in the dumps. And then I have those moments when I feel like ya im learning a **** ton, or yes I need new lightbulbs, free excuse to go to cvs and enjoy 15 minutes of being outside. wtf 20more days

Members don't see this ad.

haha, yes, it definitely messes with your mentality on a second to second basis. Will be SO happy when its all over.. only 11 more days for me...

Oh yeah. Sometimes you feel like you just wreck tests and question blocks, and other times you just feel totally down in the dumps and feel like you're going to fail. Hang in there dude! I've resorted to coming to SDN to commiserate with others... that helps. A lot. :laugh:

Oh yeah. Sometimes you feel like you just wreck tests and question blocks, and other times you just feel totally down in the dumps and feel like you're going to fail. Hang in there dude! I've resorted to coming to SDN to commiserate with others... that helps. A lot. :laugh:

+1. In my 4 weeks of studying I think my post count doubled. 8 days then sweet freedom.

Members don't see this ad :)
+1. In my 4 weeks of studying I think my post count doubled. 8 days then sweet freedom.

Haha, yesss....I might be posting a lot in these last 24 hours. Sheer nerves, I guess.

As to the OP: I definitely go from being really proud of all the hard work I did (happy), to being upset/irritated that I couldn't have more time to study within about 5 minutes.

Gonna get a massage later on today, hopefully it will be the relaxation I need.

i have never been so ready to get something over with in my entire life. i look terrible, i feel terrible, i feel like i'm always in a terrible mood. i can't wait to be done!! :thumbup:

i have never been so ready to get something over with in my entire life. i look terrible, i feel terrible, i feel like i'm always in a terrible mood. i can't wait to be done!! :thumbup:

Haha, so true! I mean, about ME looking terrible, feeling terrible and being a crankypants. I'm sure you look great ;-)

Haha, yesss....I might be posting a lot in these last 24 hours. Sheer nerves, I guess.

As to the OP: I definitely go from being really proud of all the hard work I did (happy), to being upset/irritated that I couldn't have more time to study within about 5 minutes.

Gonna get a massage later on today, hopefully it will be the relaxation I need.

The massage is a GREAT idea... I was originally thinking of doing that, maybe I will have to look into booking one too. It would be a nice way to TRY and just relax the day before

The massage is a GREAT idea... I was originally thinking of doing that, maybe I will have to look into booking one too. It would be a nice way to TRY and just relax the day before

Thanks :) It helped a lot halfway through my study period. I got a half hour and it made a difference - I was able to plow through my last 2.5 weeks of studying.

It also helped right before the MCAT, too.

At least you're consistent! I feel like I'm riding an emotional roller coaster. Very bipolar. Sometimes I feel like I can take it right now, other times I freak out and think omg i need another month but then think that crap, I just wanna get it over with, whatever I don't care! This happens probably like...3-4 times a day? I've resorted to shaving my head, and wearing a variation on: basketball shorts + t-shirt, or scrubs from the hospital.

blllllah just killl me now.

One day, I can cover all DIT lectures, review, and do questions. The next, I can barely make it through the lectures.

Add on top of that the biggest apthous ulcer I've ever had and it makes for a pretty miserable day sometimes. However, Mountain Dew Pitch Black makes everything a little better.

Yea. Head is shaved. I wear what I workout in almost all day. My birthday was last week And I had khaki shorts and a band shirt on and my g/f asks if I got fancy just for my bday haha. T-minus 7 days.

Yea. Head is shaved. I wear what I workout in almost all day. My birthday was last week And I had khaki shorts and a band shirt on and my g/f asks if I got fancy just for my bday haha. T-minus 7 days.

I totally feel your pain. Everyday feels like an eternity too. Good luck man! :thumbup:

Haha, yes that's exactly how I feel. One day I'm on cloud nine and flying through material, the next I bomb a question set and eat a giant bowl of ice cream to calm myself down. But.... the end is in sight!!!

I thought I'd post here since I'm feeling really low today. I started out Uworld scoring in the low 70's, dropped down to 65 once, then back up and have been hitting the 80's. Today, I did three sets and finished 72, 71, 69 :( I'm scared to do another set! It beat my average down, and beat me down mentally. I also have noticed that I haven't been clear in my thinking though...It's like I have cobwebs in my head and think, "Yeah, I knew this at some point *click* move on..."

Time to review those sets, I guess.

11 days of studying remaining.

I thought I'd post here since I'm feeling really low today. I started out Uworld scoring in the low 70's, dropped down to 65 once, then back up and have been hitting the 80's. Today, I did three sets and finished 72, 71, 69 :( I'm scared to do another set! It beat my average down, and beat me down mentally. I also have noticed that I haven't been clear in my thinking though...It's like I have cobwebs in my head and think, "Yeah, I knew this at some point *click* move on..."

Time to review those sets, I guess.

11 days of studying remaining.

in the EXACT same situation with uworld. Feel like i'm forgetting the easy stuff that I used to know well. Just got to focus on our weaknesses as much as possible. Good luck.

My mood is like entirely too dependent on my UWorld scores for a given day. God how I hate it...

Anyone else feel like studyin for step 1 has made them a bit bipolar. I have moments when im pretty down in the dumps. And then I have those moments when I feel like ya im learning a **** ton, or yes I need new lightbulbs, free excuse to go to cvs and enjoy 15 minutes of being outside. wtf 20more days

Bipolar, no. Dysthymic, maybe.

Just did another set. This time it was slow and methodical. I ended up scoring quite a bit better than earlier, but still not where I want to be. Tomorrow will be a better day. Time to review all of this now.

Uworld seems like its a crap shot. Sometimes you get an 80 sometimes a 55. Wait till you see what your avg is after the last 15-20 blocks to get a better idea.

Also when you uworld beats you down take a nbme. The questions overall are much easier, and will really tell you were you stand.

so im not crazy?