Anyone else get an interview yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
...i hate decisions...lol
have one at SCO
:D

Members don't see this ad.

Not yet.. but am still waiting for my professors to send in their LOR... hopefully that's why..

Let me know if you all hear anything ..:)

:luck: Best Wishes :luck:

I got an interview with PCO!! yay! now I am 5/5!

Do have an idea what sort of questions they ask?

I got an interview with PCO!! yay! now I am 5/5!

Do have an idea what sort of questions they ask?

I have an interview with PCO too! :) Congrats! I think there is another thread with interview questions that might be helpful :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello =)

Congrats on all your interviews!! Good Luck!

I was just wondering if your application submitted to pco was complete. I mean like all the LOR's and the transcripts and the OAt's too?
I wont be taking mine until like the first week of november so i was wondering if the people who are getting the interviews have already completed everything.

and i was wondering what your stats were that way i can apporximate what they are looking for. i have about a 3. 47 now but form two other schools i transferred i had 2.4's but i didnt take any prereq classes tehre really, i have 6 LORs but i wont be getting a bachelors, i dont know i feel like there is so much going against me, btu who knows

anyway,
thank you for your time
!

Julie :luck:

I think the acceptance rate for SUNY after granted an interview is about 50%.
I was turned down last year from SUNY due to lack of opt experience.
340TA 370TS; 3.5GPA BS with honors and thesis.

Ive been invited to ICO and PCO, applied to both in early august without my OATs. Just took the OAT and am having my scores sent to both schools.

i have an interview at ico on the 16th but pco wants me to take the oat again. i kinda figured that was gonna happen with one of those. i got a 300 with 290 for ts. my gpa is also a 3.22. with some of the oat scores and gpas most of you guys have its pretty intimidating but im still really excited for my interview. the thing i have going for me is my experience and volunteering. i worked in the lab at my dads private practice for 3 summers and have worked for a year and a half as an optician as well. i also have coached a little league baseball team and a junior high bball team as well as participate in big brothers big sisters. without those things i dont think i would have had a snowballs chance in hell

i have an interview at ico on the 16th but pco wants me to take the oat again. i kinda figured that was gonna happen with one of those. i got a 300 with 290 for ts. my gpa is also a 3.22. with some of the oat scores and gpas most of you guys have its pretty intimidating but im still really excited for my interview. the thing i have going for me is my experience and volunteering. i worked in the lab at my dads private practice for 3 summers and have worked for a year and a half as an optician as well. i also have coached a little league baseball team and a junior high bball team as well as participate in big brothers big sisters. without those things i dont think i would have had a snowballs chance in hell

That is nice to know you got an interview with those stats. Mine are about the same and I am so worried. I have over a year's experience in a practice, as well. Did PCO tell you personally to take the OAT again? I plan on retaking it after the 90 days passes from the last time. Good luck with everything!

yeah, they sent a letter personally to my house to tell me that. i really wanted to avoid taking that stupid thing again. i figured my score wasnt great by any means but maybe good enough to get in. i even went and visited pco for the "optometry learning experience" where you hang out there for a wk and step in the shoes of an optometry student. i was told that really helps your chances for getting accepted. i guess not enough.

MY PCO interview is in two days!!! No, I haven't taken my OAT and non of my LORs have been reached, but I have a 3.5 GPA. I will tell you guys how it went :oops:

Good Luck! Mines Next week :eek:
MY PCO interview is in two days!!! No, I haven't taken my OAT and non of my LORs have been reached, but I have a 3.5 GPA. I will tell you guys how it went :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
i got an interview with NOVA! :) BUUT..waiting on a few other schools like UH! and SCCO! I hope my materials reached their school okay...

I have an interview at SCCO on Oct 21st. If anyone else has an interview there before then, I'd love to hear how it goes. Good luck to everyone!

I have an interview at UMSL October 20th. I can't wait!!

I have an interview that day as well, did they explain to you the course of events?

Hey I have an interview with SCCO that day as well, did they expalin the day to you ie. the course of events? I was told to be there at 8 am which just seems so rude! (I hope I heard that right! otherwise I am going to be very bitter!)

They just told me to be there at noon. I heard that you get there and have to write an essay and the whole process takes about 4 hours, but that is all I know. If you find anything else out let me know.

For those of you who've recieved an interview at houston or SCCO,
how long did you have to wait to hear from them after submitting your completed application? I just sent my completed application in a few days ago. Also, what were your stats...if you don't mind sharing :) :)

They just told me to be there at noon. I heard that you get there and have to write an essay and the whole process takes about 4 hours, but that is all I know. If you find anything else out let me know.

Hey!

For those of you who are in optometry school or those who have gone on their interviews this year.. do you know which schools ask you to write an essay on interview day?.. What do they ask you to write about?.. How long of an essay?..

I had an interview at SUNY today. They made me write an essay on a open-ended essay for about 1 page. The one I had was something like If I were a conformist or an individualized thinker.

I just found out I got an interview at ICO! Yay! i really want to go there :)

Does anyone know how predictive getting an interview at ICO is of getting in? I know that some schools interview tons of people, and only accept a few, while other schools interview less and accept most of those interviewed.

Has anyone heard any rumours about ICO in this regard?

I am so excited!!! :)

I have talked to two of my friends that currently go to ICO. One of them told me that she heard that around 1100 apply and only a 3rd or so were interviewed so getting the interview is a big deal. I would like to think so at least. I really hope my interview will be all for nothing ya know. Id like to think its a big deal that I got an invite for one. I also applied to PCO but they want me to take the oat. So theres just a lot of pressure to do good at ICO, in the end that is my first choice anyway. I've also read that it sort of depends on who interviews you also. Another one of my friends that got accepted last year and is planning on attending this next year (long story but a good one) said the interview is really laid back and not to get too stressed about it. When is your interview? Mine is the 16th.

I have an interview at SCCO on Oct 21st. If anyone else has an interview there before then, I'd love to hear how it goes. Good luck to everyone!

was it already full up to the 21st? is that why you had to schedule for the 21? could you have gotten 17 or 16 of oct.

also, would you mind telling us what your RC score was on the OAT..THANKS!!!

was it already full up to the 21st? is that why you had to schedule for the 21? could you have gotten 17 or 16 of oct.

also, would you mind telling us what your RC score was on the OAT..THANKS!!!

There were some dates available before the 21st but the 14th and 15th, the week before, I will be out of town. I don't know about the 16 or 17. On the OAT I got a 360 AA 370 TS. My RC score was my worst section, I got a 340.

For those of you who've recieved an interview at houston or SCCO,
how long did you have to wait to hear from them after submitting your completed application? I just sent my completed application in a few days ago. Also, what were your stats...if you don't mind sharing :) :)

I heard after about a week and a half, maybe two.

HEY! I have an interview with SCCO at 12 noon too!!! see you there :]

Hi Everyone,

I was just offered an interview at SUNY! I have not taken the OAT and will be taking it at the end of November. Can't wait for the interview - SUNY is my top choice since I live about 10 blocks away!

I'm been MIA from these forums for over a month - school is sooo busy!

But I just wanted to report that I also got an interview at SCCO, so I'm super excited. =) I submitted my application on August 28th and they sent me the gpa form a week later which I sent in around September 15. Then they mailed me an offer to interview a week later and I called them to schedule at interview, and I'll be going this Saturday, October 21 at noon. The letter they sent to remind me about that just said the same thing as it did for everyone else - arrive early, plan to be there for over 4 hours, and you'll be writing an essay on an informal topic.

My friend is also interviewing the same time/day and we'll be driving together from San Diego on Saturday! Look forward to seeing all of you who will also be there at the same time!

scvcstar: Would you mind telling what your GPA & OAT scores are? I am applying there soon but haven't taken the OAT yet. I am just curious to see what ballpark I need to be in. Thanks:)

i got an interview at pco. anyone interviewed there yet or going to?

GPA: 3.86 pre-requisite, 4.00 non-prerequisite (when calculated by SCCO), official overall UCSD GPA is 3.855, biochemistry major GPA 3.882.

OAT: 380 AA, 400 TS

The dean of admission of SCCO came to my school today and gave a presentation on admissions and interviews, and they said the academic performance and the interview are completely separate - so don't worry about your academic performance, as long as you're above 3.0 GPA and 300 OAT.

Added an IU interview today! Decisions, decisions. . .

If you have already interviewed how did the day go? I was hoping to hear some about the interview questions asked and the format of the interview. Could you share your experiences at IU?

Thanks

If you have already interviewed how did the day go? I was hoping to hear some about the interview questions asked and the format of the interview. Could you share your experiences at IU?

Thanks

My IU interview is on the 10th of November. I'll let you know about it for sure. I'm extremely excited about IU (especially because I wasn't very impressed with SCCO when I interviewed last week) Take care,

My IU interview is on the 10th of November. I'll let you know about it for sure. I'm extremely excited about IU (especially because I wasn't very impressed with SCCO when I interviewed last week) Take care,

Thats funny, I will be there at the same time. So I guess we will find out together what the day will bring.

Thats funny, I will be there at the same time. So I guess we will find out together what the day will bring.

Sweet. Maybe you could send me a PM and we could figure out some plans together.

How was your SCCO interview? What about it did you dislike? I have an interview there on Saturday so I would love to hear what you thought!

I was just invited to an interview at Indiana... I have an interview at UMSL on Friday. I have been completely positive that I wanted to go to UMSL since I was a freshman in high school, and I had decided that if I got in at UMSL I wouldn't even go to an interview at Indiana, but now I am not so sure...

Yay, got another interview..ICO. So far have 2 interviews coming up:
PCO- November 10 (friday)
ICO- December 1 (friday)
If anyone is going to be there these dates let me know =)

Good luck everyone.

good luck on your interviews. let me know how your pco one goes. i have an interview there nov.20

Got an interview on the 16th for NOVA! wish me luck!!:)

:) Hello!

Could anyone that has interviewed at ICO for the 2007 entering class give some advise on their experience? Is there an essay? I have an interview soon.. :)
Really excited about it but just need some input from those who have gone through the process already. :thumbup:

Thanks for your help :)

I interviewed at ICO about two weeks ago. its starts out with meeting the door man, anthony. He is a crazy, sweet old guy who i was told seemed like part of the admissions process, but isn't! then you get taken to the welcome center and meet viviana who is the initial interview and just goes over everyones files with you. She seemed kind of mean so just be calm and it should be alright. SHe does ask if you want to respond to any of your grades or defend them which im not sure if i liked or not. Then you get taken to your interview, the professor or whoever comes and picks you up from the welcome center. Its a one on one open file interview. It lasts about 30-45 minutes. Then everyone gets back together, you get a very long tour then you have lunch with a few current students back at the welcome center. Overall not a terrible process. I was so hungry by the end though. Hope it goes well for you and JUST STAY CALM!!

I am excited:

Mailed out my apps for SCCO Sept. 29th, Granted an interview on Oct. 26th and accepted to SCCO on Oct. 30th. Just sent in my apps for UCBSO on Oct 30th. UCBSO is my first choice, but I will settle for SCCO. Good luck to everyone who is applying this year.

I am excited:

Mailed out my apps for SCCO Sept. 29th, Granted an interview on Oct. 26th and accepted to SCCO on Oct. 30th. Just sent in my apps for UCBSO on Oct 30th. UCBSO is my first choice, but I will settle for SCCO. Good luck to everyone who is applying this year.

Congratulations!

May i ask what your stats are? I just sent in my SCCO essays yesterday!

My stats are not as great as a lot of people here on SDN:

TS 350
AA 330

GPA 3.5

I think as long as you get average OAT 300 and GPA above 3.0, you will be granted an interview. The interview is what really determines if you are accepted or not at SCCO. Good luck.

My stats are not as great as a lot of people here on SDN:

TS 350
AA 330

GPA 3.5

I think as long as you get average OAT 300 and GPA above 3.0, you will be granted an interview. The interview is what really determines if you are accepted or not at SCCO. Good luck.

Are you kidding? Your stats are great! Don't think they aren't great compared to anybody elses. You're a lot better off than me, so you're fine. :laugh:

I interviewed at ICO about two weeks ago. its starts out with meeting the door man, anthony. He is a crazy, sweet old guy who i was told seemed like part of the admissions process, but isn't!

Anthony is still there? Cool! I loved that guy. What didn't he know? He spent a few extra minutes with my husband and I after the other interviewees had left telling about all of his favorite restaurants and how to get from here to wherever! He was my favorite part of the whole day. I'm sorry I don't get to see him everyday now though... probably the biggest regret about not going to ICO!

that is not true about scco. i sent my app in during mid august and still havent heard back from them about any interview :/ my stats are AA 340 TS 340 GPA 3.2 which shouldnt be horrible i dont think.

that is not true about scco. i sent my app in during mid august and still havent heard back from them about any interview :/ my stats are AA 340 TS 340 GPA 3.2 which shouldnt be horrible i dont think.

You should definately call them to see if they have received all the necessary documents. There might be something missing that you don't know about (stuff might get lost in the mail, etc).