anyone else hate neurology?

Started by JETER
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JETER

Super Educated, I'm Smarter than Spock
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
M4 here, and thinking about applying to NS (I've been in decision-making-mode for a while), but I can't help but see things that are giving me second thoughts. The biggest now is the fact that I hated neurology. While I love neuroanatomy and neuro-path, I really hated neurology clinic/inpt service. With my NS sub-Is, there was not much clinic work, and that has me worried. Anyone with thoughts?
 
I don't think you should put that much weight on it. Neurology and neurosurgery are almost as different as neurosurgery and neuropathology. With that, I liked all of the above but I know tons of people in NS that hated/hate neurology.
 
I think it depends on why you hate neuro. I mean if you tell me you hate it because it seems aloof and your treatments dont seem to do much...thats on thing. On the other hand, if you sit here and tell me that you hate neuro because localizing lesions blows, etc. then that might send up more red flags.

just my thoughts.
(For the record im applying NSG and I wasnt the biggest neuro fan, but I didnt mind it horribly)