Anyone else having trouble in Chemistry?

nysegop

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in chemistry and we're studying Quantum Mechanics and Thermodynamics. It's pretty tough. Anyone else in this situation?

Members don't see this ad.

My chemistry class in high school was a complete burden for me, it was one of those classes where they stuff twenty seniors that are on the verge of failing along with a handful of juniors (i.e. me). My classmates were extremely rude to my teacher (at my school sending a student out, giving demarets, assigning detention, etc... has zero consequences so disciplining them was useless), who tried everything to make sure we were prepared. Because of their immaturity, we barely got through the curriculum and with so much chaos I learned almost nothing. I am studying general chemistry now in order to be prepared for college, I am an incoming freshman. Be happy about a hard class, it could be much worse. Also, like I said I am studying general chemistry, but I am not on thermodynamics yet; however, if all else fails and you become stuck on something you can PM me and I will do my best to help you.

I'm in chemistry and we're studying Quantum Mechanics and Thermodynamics. It's pretty tough. Anyone else in this situation?

Read the textbook rather than just relying on the notes. That's what it's there for.

Members don't see this ad :)
Read the textbook rather than just relying on the notes. That's what it's there for.

I totally agree. You won't get an 80 or 90 in the class without reading the textbook diligently.

It's one of those "practice more, get more out of it" subjects.

Chem isn't that difficult for me.

I totally agree. You won't get an 80 or 90 in the class without reading the textbook diligently.

It's one of those "practice more, get more out of it" subjects.

Chem isn't that difficult for me.

Just curious, what topics are covered in your chemistry class?

As with most subjects, you will get a higher yield of understanding by doing problems, problems and more problems.

The teacher is there to help clarify any issues and the textbook has all of the information.

-former non-chem in high school, majored in chem in college

Just curious, what topics are covered in your chemistry class?
Units: (I'm in your version of AP)....so this is gr. 11
1)Matter, Chemical Trends and Chemical Bonding
2)Chemical Reactions
3)Quantities in Chemical Reactions
4)Solutions and Solubility
5)Gases and Atmospheric Chemistry

what are your topics/ units???

b/c mine seem really different...

what are your topics/ units???

b/c mine seem really different...

1. Reaction Chemistry
2. Acids and Bases with Gases Extension
3. Dimensional Analysis and Stoichiometry
4. Quantum Mechanics
5. Thermodynamics
6. Atomic Physics and Chemistry
7. Not here yet :)

1. Reaction Chemistry
2. Acids and Bases with Gases Extension
3. Dimensional Analysis and Stoichiometry
4. Quantum Mechanics
5. Thermodynamics
6. Atomic Physics and Chemistry
7. Not here yet :)
Oh...never mind it's the same, just under different unit titles...(i checked my textbook).....How did you manage to complete so much already? Do you have semesters? If so, when did it start?

Oh...never mind it's the same, just under different unit titles...(i checked my textbook).....How did you manage to complete so much already? Do you have semesters? If so, when did it start?

We have semesters. Semester 2 started about 3 weeks ago. The school I go to is fairly rigorous. We start learning RXN chemistry in Biology. We start learning physics in Chemistry. It's weird but it serves us well in the long run. We try not to spend more than a week or two on a given topic.