SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Anyone else in application limbo?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by UJ007, Mar 3, 2007.

1. UJ007

UJ007 2+ Year Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Anyone feel like they have just been forgotten by the schools? I had one interview and haven't heard from them in a while now, I don't know if I'm waitlisted, rejected, accepted (probably not :mad: ).
    Also I haven't heard from some schools at all. Anyone else in this situation??
    I cannot stand all this waiting and uncertainty, its driving me crazy!!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. dr.rex

dr.rex rexadactyl nights 5+ Year Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Accepted
    not to be mean but if you havent heard by now i think you should look into reapplying if that is your plan most of the schools are full or will be soon

4. zebrafish

zebrafish 2+ Year Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Congrats to the accepted, but please don't smash the dreams of the qualified applicants still waiting to hear back, I still have hope! (But I am a realist so I have already re-grouped for the next app. cycle)

5. UJ007

UJ007 2+ Year Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Looked into some masters programs, but still trying to be hopeful :). I just was curious how many ppl are in this situation. Misery loves company.

6. zebrafish

zebrafish 2+ Year Member

Mar 3, 2007
    I was thinking an MBA, but I don't know if that's frowned upon since it's not science based. I know that running a practive is running a buisness so I thought it would be helpful for the future. I would def. like some feedback.

7. UJ007

UJ007 2+ Year Member

Feb 16, 2007
    I'm also curious about that, has anyone completed an MBA and gotten into dental school. Isn't the point of doing a post-bacc to improve your gpa and demonstrate you can cope with advanced science courses?
    Because heaven forbid if you don't get in afterwards an MBA seems a lot more useful than a masters in terms of getting a job.

8. MDDENTIST

MDDENTIST 2+ Year Member

Aug 27, 2006
    due to family illnesses, wasnt sure if i would apply this cycle (06-07) and ended applying only to my state school. had the interview in early Jan and havent heard since. its driving me nutss:eek:

9. jackbauer!

jackbauer! Guest

Jul 2, 2006
    West of MLK
    i'm in limbo.......... maryland needs to get back to me ASAP. :rolleyes:

jb!:)

10. gatormichigan

gatormichigan 7+ Year Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Have you called the schools? You just cant sit around and wait for the days to pass you by.....

11. UJ007

UJ007 2+ Year Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Believe you me, they know who I am. I have been hounding them... but they cannot give me my status over the phone, they just tell me to wait to hear from them :confused: , so unfortunately all I can do is just sit around :thumbup: and of course complain on this forum!

12. PirateSatellite

PirateSatellite 2+ Year Member

Feb 27, 2007
    I'm in the same situation, (applied very late and haven't heard from any schools yet)... thinking about applying to a 1yr course based masters program next year. Not to hijack your thread, but it seems like all the schools require GRE scores for this, or am I missing something?

13. MansonTiles

MansonTiles Member 2+ Year Member

May 26, 2006
    just curious, what SCHOOL are you waiting on?

14. UJ007

UJ007 2+ Year Member

Feb 16, 2007
    If you search through previous threads you can find a lot if info on masters. I've read some posts where ppl claim that instead of the gre you can submit dat? I'm not sure tho, but there def is a lot of stuff on here about masters.

15. UJ007

UJ007 2+ Year Member

Feb 16, 2007
    I'm waiting on BU. btw why school in caps??

16. Florida hasn't accepted jackbauer yet? Can I get a WTF?

17. UJ007

UJ007 2+ Year Member

Feb 16, 2007
    sure, WTF!

18. Lonely Sol

Lonely Sol cowgoesmoo fan! 10+ Year Member

Dec 13, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Yea, I am in the same situation you are. But I have decided to retake my DATs in april (even though i got 20/20/18) and also do a 5th year master's program in chemistry while I wait. It sucks that school will not even acknowledge the application. Oh well, i guess better luck next time for me and you!