Anyone else love the PharmD program but dislike their school?

Started by deleted205891
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted205891

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I like being in the PharmD program since the profession is not purely scientific but has some people elements in it too. I like all the information I learn. I just don't like the school I go to.
It's true that to be a PharmD candidate you have to study a lot, but I just feel like everyone here studies too much. No one ever does any activities unless they will look good on a resume. And there are no other majors to hang out with because everyone at my school is either a pharmacy major or another health science or lab science major, and they usually study just as hard. I don't know why this happens, since I also study but not 24/7, and still have a decent GPA.
And I dislike how I cannot transfer unless I take lots of extra credits, since every program is different in both pharm and prepharm.
Oh well, my rambling is over. I'm just gonna suck it up.
 
Same as you, USP. Saw you posting below me on another topic on the school.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't want to mention the name of my school, but I absolutely hate it here. The course load is not too bad, but if I were to manage this school, I'd fire at least half of the people here and rehire people with some common sense.
 
Is it MCP?

I don't want to mention the name of my school, but I absolutely hate it here. The course load is not too bad, but if I were to manage this school, I'd fire at least half of the people here and rehire people with some common sense.
 
LOL, everyone in pharmacy school is lame. get used to it. I talk to very few people in my actual pharmD class at school. My best advice: do what i did and live with people that are NOT pharmacy majors. They're always down for fun.


I like being in the PharmD program since the profession is not purely scientific but has some people elements in it too. I like all the information I learn. I just don't like the school I go to.
It's true that to be a PharmD candidate you have to study a lot, but I just feel like everyone here studies too much. No one ever does any activities unless they will look good on a resume. And there are no other majors to hang out with because everyone at my school is either a pharmacy major or another health science or lab science major, and they usually study just as hard. I don't know why this happens, since I also study but not 24/7, and still have a decent GPA.
And I dislike how I cannot transfer unless I take lots of extra credits, since every program is different in both pharm and prepharm.
Oh well, my rambling is over. I'm just gonna suck it up.
 
LOL, everyone in pharmacy school is lame. get used to it. I talk to very few people in my actual pharmD class at school. My best advice: do what i did and live with people that are NOT pharmacy majors. They're always down for fun.

soooo...basically everyone here these forums is lame? 🙄 I think you're just hanging out with the wrong people.
 
If you think you're cool in pharmacy school , you're just cool in comparison to everyone else. lol.


soooo...basically everyone here these forums is lame? 🙄 I think you're just hanging out with the wrong people.
 
If you think you're cool in pharmacy school , you're just cool in comparison to everyone else. lol.

I've heard that before. One of my classmates eloquently believes that most pharmacy students have some element of dorkiness in order from them to be admitted in the first place.

Like RxWildcat said, I guess "cool" is a self-definition. If one believes that cool = those OC-people type donning designer clothing, hot cars, hot significant others and lives boldly, then yeah, most people at my pharmacy school aren't cool at all. However, my fellow pharmacy students are quite enjoyable and fun.
 
LOL, everyone in pharmacy school is lame. get used to it. I talk to very few people in my actual pharmD class at school. My best advice: do what i did and live with people that are NOT pharmacy majors. They're always down for fun.

Well that's tough when half your class and more than half of other classes is a PharmD major.