Anyone else starting at DMU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MarquetteGuy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm going to be starting at DMU this fall and I was just wondering if anyone else on this forum is planning on attending DMU also, and if so, where are people planning on living around Des Moines? I'm having a hard time trying to settle on a place to live. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to be starting next year at DMU as well. I've just been looking at websites right now for places to live, but am planning on looking in May for places. I want to wait until they have the budget up on the portal before I decide. I can't wait to get started though...

MarquetteGuy said:
Hi,
I'm going to be starting at DMU this fall and I was just wondering if anyone else on this forum is planning on attending DMU also, and if so, where are people planning on living around Des Moines? I'm having a hard time trying to settle on a place to live. Thanks.
I'm also looking for a place to live in the fall. I am trying to buy a house so I think West Des Moines is the way to go. Are you looking for an apartment or house? I know many people live across from the school but heard that it can be expensive.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I'll also be at DMU in the fall. I want to live as close as possible to school, as I won't have a car. I also have been looking at some websites, but most places listed on that sheet given on the interview day don't have one. I honestly don't even know if I'm going to actually take another trip to Des Moines and look at apartments in person... the 3000 Grand Avenue place looks nice...

purfexshun said:
Hi, I'll also be at DMU in the fall. I want to live as close as possible to school, as I won't have a car. I also have been looking at some websites, but most places listed on that sheet given on the interview day don't have one. I honestly don't even know if I'm going to actually take another trip to Des Moines and look at apartments in person... the 3000 Grand Avenue place looks nice...

Lots of students live in 3000 Grand Apartments and the Imperial apartments across the street.

I bought a house in Des Moines about three miles form the school and it has worked out great. We have tons of room and our monthly payments are less than what the apartments at 3000 grand cost. There are risks with buying a home, but I would suggest thinking about it. All of the interest you pay on your home loan is tax deductible and if you can sell it in four years for at least what you paid for it you basically got four years of rent for free! Let me know if you need some help narrowing down where to look.