Anyone else using IM Qbank?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlackNDecker

Paid da cost 2 be da bo$$
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
All the questions seem geared towards management and diagnostic tests. Anyone have any advice for studying this way?

Also, what are other peoples percentages? I hit 40% on a GI block of 50 :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Those IM Q-Bank questions are hard---much harder than Q-Bank in my opinion! I am only scoring in the high 50's on random blocks! Hopefully, I am getting something out of reading the answers!

I thought they were really hard too! I have been using UW, and I thought I would try a few from IM Bank. Everyone said Kaplan was easier, but I was getting in the 50s on it!

do you guys think they're representative of what we'll see on step2.
someone told me it seemed too detailed and was more like an IM board exam for residents.
do you think it's worth the time. i'm winding down UW right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
DOapplicant said:
someone told me it seemed too detailed and was more like an IM board exam for residents.

It is found under Step 2 materials. I think it is intended for the IM shelf exam.

BlackNDecker said:
It is found under Step 2 materials. I think it is intended for the IM shelf exam.

The IM qbank questions are ridiculous. I think if you did these you shouldn't find actual step 2 questions too difficult. Kaplan suggests doing these to "integrate you knowledge" or something like that while you do the normal questions. There's some OB and some surgery in there too; so I don't think it's just an IM thing. However, I did use them to study for the IM shelf and I blew it up.

In my opinion, anything over 60% is gravy.