Anyone entering IMU M1/09?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Invalesco

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
haha this is like an exact copy of undecide's thread last year. but yeah, i'm a Singaporean and i've just got accepted into IMU's M1/09 intake for the IMU-PMS Programme. Anyone else who also got accepted into the M1/09 intake? Any other Singaporeans?

Members don't see this ad.

haha this is like an exact copy of undecide's thread last year. but yeah, i'm a Singaporean and i've just got accepted into IMU's M1/09 intake for the IMU-PMS Programme. Anyone else who also got accepted into the M1/09 intake? Any other Singaporeans?

Me too. Got accepted. But I am in process of deferring. Cos of money issues.:confused:

Hey there oceanguy, saw your later posts. Actually if finance is really a problem to get into med school, then i would think that it might be prudent, to have a backup plan, which i'm sure you probably have. But yea, if all else fails, you could always do a BSc in NUS first, try to give it your best shot and perhaps try your go at duke NUS (I know it's really tough to get in, but i think if you give it your best shot, it'll be good). Doing a BSc with MCAT after that might seem like an extra hurdle, but i guess there's loads that you could do as well while doing a BSc in NUS (research projects, etc.). Being Singaporean, loans for entering into any local institution would always be readily available to you.

About defering, think it shouldn't be too much of a problem, just have to make a few calls to Student affairs, know some people who defered their offer.

Don't stop dreaming. But always keep a foot on the soil still while planning.

Hey there oceanguy, saw your later posts. Actually if finance is really a problem to get into med school, then i would think that it might be prudent, to have a backup plan, which i'm sure you probably have. But yea, if all else fails, you could always do a BSc in NUS first, try to give it your best shot and perhaps try your go at duke NUS (I know it's really tough to get in, but i think if you give it your best shot, it'll be good). Doing a BSc with MCAT after that might seem like an extra hurdle, but i guess there's loads that you could do as well while doing a BSc in NUS (research projects, etc.). Being Singaporean, loans for entering into any local institution would always be readily available to you.

About defering, think it shouldn't be too much of a problem, just have to make a few calls to Student affairs, know some people who defered their offer.

Don't stop dreaming. But always keep a foot on the soil still while planning.

Hey undecided, about applying to Duke-NUS, I have some queries over the admission. What I know up to now is tt the intake cohort is v small e.g.50 out of 300 applications. N yes, locals can get loans. But there is too much competition from the foreigners n locals. N secondly, Duke-NUS program is more towards the research training. Since I am alreadi admitted into IMU, it would b a waste of my time and energy to apply for Duke-NUS n take the MCAT again. As IMU-PMS degree is recognised by SMC, it is still ok.

By the way, r u studying in IMU at the moment?