Anyone ever accepted without an interiew?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LJGDDSII

Larry, G-d be with you
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone has heard of someone getting in without an interiew. Not that it would happen to me but do the schools always interiew?

Members don't see this ad.

Was just wondering if anyone has heard of someone getting in without an interiew. Not that it would happen to me but do the schools always interiew?

Your answer is YES and NO! Dental school interview you for knowing you and your capablity for high stress situtation of heavy loading courses plus your personality and........ If they know you very well (for example being in thier school for undergraduate) it is possible they skip the interview( assuming you have a good GPA and DAT!).On other case they don't want you for a formal interview if you already had an unformal interview! and having acceptable unformal interview! check the schools websites.
For example Baylor website in interview section explaining about that very well.
check the section asking:
Is an interview required?
http://www.tambcd.edu/html/faqadmissions.html

Good luck :thumbup:

This information can be found on the Official Guide to Dental School. From what I remember, interviews are required by most schools.

When NYU dental school was doing their dean/admission transition thing, I was accepted without an interview. Not interviewing me was one major deciding factor for not attending NYU (of course, if I didn't have any other offers... I would've gone irregardless). And no offense to NYU Class of 2010, but if they didn't bother to interview me ~ I had doubts about the people they accepted. Insanity!