Anyone ever go out in a ball of flames?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Section8Doc

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
New to the forum here, and I was just wondering if any of you absolutely HATED your first year, knew the program wasn't for you, and decided to go out with a huge fireball because your chief resident was the Devil himself?

I've had time to think over the last week, and may have come to the realization the method I chose to leave may not have been the most practical manner for my future career. Anyone ever do something drastic (NOT illegal), and that does not involve leaving your colleagues out to dry by not showing up ect?

Basically, I knew that he was fooling around on the side since Day 1, and he was getting married next week. About a 6 weeks ago, I found his Fiancee, told her what was going on, and basically began an affair with her. Last week, I stood up announced in front of almost the entire Department before a Grand Rounds, what the entire situation was. Suffice to say, I am "no longer welcome".

Members don't see this ad.

This happened :rolleyes:

Oh it happened. What makes you think it wouldn't? There are some out there who aren't afraid of confrontation and looking stupid to achieve a personal objective, albeit not a good one. People walk into some place and start randomly shooting others for no reason all the time. All I did was publicly humiliate a Chief Resident (and myself), so in the realm of possibility, for someone who just didn't care anymore, it's not that unlikely.

Oh it happened. What makes you think it wouldn't? ...

dude, your post isn't believable. First, this isn't something you bring up on your very first post and expect anyone to buy into. Second, while we might believe you told your chief resident's fiancé about the affair, we aren't going to but that that led to an affair with you. Too contrived. Third, if you more or less quit medicine, it's unlikely this would be the time you start posting on SDN. Sorry but your efforts at trolling aren't very good. As I said a few years back, the better trolls play it straight for a while, maybe a few hundred posts over several months before dropping the boom. Then at least people would have to wonder if it's for real.

I really don't care whether you believe me or not. All I know is when I get even, I get even. If you want, I will post his name, picture, address, and phone number, along with his "transgender" Facebook profile I made for him as well.

As far as posting on here, I now find myself with a ton of free time, and not a very clear path for the future. I honestly didn't take the time to thoroughly think about what I would do after the fact. I know there are plenty of people that walk out of a residency, but I have not come across any in person, so therefore what to do is sort of a mystery for me.

Having burned just about every bridge imaginable, is there even a path forward in Medicine?

Status
Not open for further replies.