Anyone ever had this happen?!

Started by emogrrrrl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

emogrrrrl

I like my freedom
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As much as I REALLY want to disclose the name of this school, I won't. Here's my story.
I applied to School X, was interviewed and was left hanging for months only later to get a rejection. And now, after I've already moved and started school in another city far away they call me up and say that they have a seat open for me!! WTF??
They tell me I'm REJECTED and then they come back and say, oh by the way we have a seat for you!?!? I wasn't even waitlisted!
I can't say how angry this made me. This is a really sad and pathetic school. I told them that I wouldn't dare come to their school after the whole incident and that I found a better program who didn't have to think twice about accepting me. A huge **** you and have a nice day. 😀
Of coarse I didn't say the last part, but that's definitely exactly how I feel. I'm happy for whoever gets that seat who wasn't accepted to any other program, good for them. But I hope whoever is out there and was accepted to other programs won't even think twice about taking their acceptance.
 
Just read the thread...but was he waitlisted to begin with, or rejected. Big difference if you ask me. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Roxicet said:
:laugh: Just ask Jason UCSD2000...
Dammit!!!!


ahh...the memories. You guys should have been around when I had the fiasco with the Albany School of Pharmacy...or when UOP decided not to accept some of my pre-reqs...
 
Emo, that had to be sweet to be able to tell them to take a hike. You've gotta tell us the name of the school! They deserve to be recognized.

Microbus out
 
It prolly is UT. When I deffered my admission for next year, they told me they were gonna give my seat to this particular student who they really want but had no space! It might have been you.
But it must have been so nice to tell them off!!! After all they put you through. Oh sweet revenge!!!
 
emogrrrrl said:
As much as I REALLY want to disclose the name of this school, I won't. Here's my story.
I applied to School X, was interviewed and was left hanging for months only later to get a rejection. And now, after I've already moved and started school in another city far away they call me up and say that they have a seat open for me!! WTF??
They tell me I'm REJECTED and then they come back and say, oh by the way we have a seat for you!?!? I wasn't even waitlisted!
I can't say how angry this made me. This is a really sad and pathetic school. I told them that I wouldn't dare come to their school after the whole incident and that I found a better program who didn't have to think twice about accepting me. A huge **** you and have a nice day. 😀
Of coarse I didn't say the last part, but that's definitely exactly how I feel. I'm happy for whoever gets that seat who wasn't accepted to any other program, good for them. But I hope whoever is out there and was accepted to other programs won't even think twice about taking their acceptance.

Hahaha....yeah same thing happened to me except I was placed on the waitlist from the rejected list. Hmmm wonder if its the same school 🙄