Anyone experiencing this OptomCas glitch?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

London22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I logged on today my application for Salus was basically half deleted :(
It switched from "completed verified" to incomplete verified and was telling me that I had to enter new LORs and that my questions/essay were all blank.
This hasn't happened to me with any of my other applications. They are all complete and verified just like how the Salus one used to be.

I immediately reached out to both the school and Optomcas.
Has this happened with anyone else? Or if you applied to Salus is your application showing up fine as completed?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
This happened to me too! The essay questions were regarding their graduate programs in Low Vision or something related to that? I emailed Optomcas as well as the school. Hopefully it's just a glitch and they fix it asap.

This happened to me too! The essay questions were regarding their graduate programs in Low Vision or something related to that? I emailed Optomcas as well as the school. Hopefully it's just a glitch and they fix it asap.
Omg! That is exactly what's going on with mine too!!
It really sucks but atleast we aren't alone in this. I emailed them today hopefully they will get back tomorrow.

I haven't had the best of luck with OptomCas. They messed up my GPA too which they're still fixing. Very frustrating

Members don't see this ad :)
When I logged on today my application for Salus was basically half deleted :(
It switched from "completed verified" to incomplete verified and was telling me that I had to enter new LORs and that my questions/essay were all blank.
This hasn't happened to me with any of my other applications. They are all complete and verified just like how the Salus one used to be.

I immediately reached out to both the school and Optomcas.
Has this happened with anyone else? Or if you applied to Salus is your application showing up fine as completed?

It's happened to me too! That's so weird, I hope it gets fixed asap!!

Hey has anyone heard a response back about this? I haven't yet. My guess is maybe they are trying to figure out if they can fix it before they respond?

Hey has anyone heard a response back about this? I haven't yet. My guess is maybe they are trying to figure out if they can fix it before they respond?

I called OptomCAS and they pretty much said that the problem is not from their end and that I had to contact the school. So I called Salus and talked to Nancy who explained that they're aware of what's happened, and that it's happened to a lot of applicants. She said it didn't affect my application (but that may be because I've already interviewed there idk?) and that they were working to restore it asap!

Reactions: 1 users
I called OptomCAS and they pretty much said that the problem is not from their end and that I had to contact the school. So I called Salus and talked to Nancy who explained that they're aware of what's happened, and that it's happened to a lot of applicants. She said it didn't affect my application (but that may be because I've already interviewed there idk?) and that they were working to restore it asap!

Thanks so much for sharing the news. Glad everything worked out!