Anyone failed a science class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Twinkies

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has failed a science class before and still got accepted into med school...just worried coz my science gpa isn't high in general although my non-science grades are pretty good...

how important are trends?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Twinkies.
I got a D in biochem during my 3rd year of college, but I retook it in my 4th year and got an A. The D was mostly due to difficult circumstances, and I explained that in both my personal statement and my interviews. So far, I've received one acceptance - from the Medical College of Ohio. So in the end, it is possible to still be accepted into med school, but it can complicate things. I would suggest that you do your best to make sure your grades show an upward trend (as you mentioned) and to reflect on why you were struggling and what you needed to do to improve. That way you can both avoid similar struggles in the future and have some kind of explanation ready for any Admissions Committees that are wondering about your poorer grades. Good luck!

We'll find out in a few weeks.

I failed six.

It's not part of the BCPM, but I did get a D in Intro to Psych my freshman year. The sad thing is that I got an A on the midterm. But I did get in somewhere so it's possible to have a few poor grades on a transcript. Not ideal, but that alone shouldn't blow you up.