Anyone Feeling Good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bgreet

Dopefish Lives!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone in a similar situation as me? After the completion of freshmen year, I ended up with a 3.5 gpa. Nothing shabby but nothing great. That summer I decided that, while working 35+ hours a week, I would take organic chemistry and ended up with a B first session and a C second session, completely destroying my gpa and bringing it down to a 3.3. So I decided to shape up and I pulled a 4.0 last semester, and this semester is starting to look similar. On top of that I took a practice mcat last week, and ended up doing better than I though I would (a 25 without any serious studying and my first mcat ever) which makes me feel a lot more confident for the August mcat. I just wanted to see if anyone else was feeling pretty good at this moment? The only thing I could think of that would be better is to have an acceptance already instead of having to wait another whole year to begin applying. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Your time of applying will be here before you know it.

Congrats on a great semester!!!
fam21.gif

I understand your good feelings at the time. You deserve it. I'm not sure if you've been doing many extra curriculars or not, but you should be. Do as many volunteer things you can, shadow as many D.O.s and M.D.s as possible, maybe do some undergrad research work if possible, and get A LOT of clinical experience. A good GPA and MCAT is only a fraction of what its going to take to get an acceptance.

Best of luck to you and keep up the good work.

Members don't see this ad :)
DocRadak: Yea I'm on top of that. I have a lot of volunteer experiences (although not all medically oriented). The only medical at the moment is a summer of volunteering at the local er for 13 hours a week. One thing I'm pretty proud about over these past two years is that while going to school I've also worked 20 hours a week, plus volunteering. I feel like I've become very good at time management.

Not to hurt this thread but does anyone feel $hitty?? I'm getting so frustrated worrying about getting housing and getting so much in loans and all that stuff......sorry, just venting:smuggrin: