Anyone get an interview from Rush recently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ARiz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been complete for almost four months now, and nothing. Anyone recently get offered an interview? I heard they only offer interviews once a month...anyone have the inside scoop?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure how often they send out invites but they interview 2 days per week. I didn't interview at Rush until Feb 28th last year (was complete at the beginning of August) and still got in. So I know it's hard to wait, but try not to be disheartened...

J

I recently had an interview at Rush and my roommate just received an invite today. His choices were early, mid, late Jan...

Members don't see this ad :)
I recently had an interview at Rush and my roommate just received an invite today. His choices were early, mid, late Jan...

Did your friend find out through email or the status page?

oh... I don't think they update people on their application status on that page... my impression is that it was only e-mail

Have hope everyone... my stats are not that stellar and I also applied to Rush really late (they even had to extend their deadline for me because supposedly I was supposed to fill out the secondary two weeks or something after receipt and I waited two months to fill it out). Rush is one of those schools that looks most heavily at your latest MCAT, which happens to be my lowest scoring MCAT, yet I received an interview invitation a week after I was complete. It was a total shock but it can happen... it was most unexpected but really saved me because that week was perhaps one of the most depressing weeks of my life until the invitation came through. I'm just waiting to get that decision letter now and I'm really nervous because it's my only interview so far, but I'm glad that I even got the Rush interview after I bombed the last MCAT. Heads up everyone! :thumbup:

I interviewed 10/31 at Rush and at the interview, they said they will interview 360 people for this round and accept twice as many spots as they have in the class, which is 128 spots. this means approximately only 100 are rejected right? The remaining are either accepted or waitlisted. How many of the interviewed 360 are accepted right off the bat? How likely is it realistically that I'll be rejected after an interview, esp. early in the game? I'm just nervous about that decision letter coming up... please help!

Hi Hopeful3789,

I also interviewed on 10/31...my interviewer actually said something along the lines of it being a benefit that we interviewed so early...i'm hoping that's true. It kinda makes sense..if they didn't like our application then why would they give us an interview this earlier when there are SOO many other applicants that they could choose from? The again...maybe they just pick names out of a hat..who knows.

I am REALLY nervous about the letter too...hopefully we will be hearing good news soon...

Have there been any OOSer's that have had luck getting an interview?

Hey fashionista, thanks for your reply! Rush's letter was sent to my old address and my old roommie called to tell me that but he didn't open the letter of course. I'm waiting for the weekend to go retrieve the letter but if I can't wait that long, I'll go tomorrow. Anybody else from 10/31 interview get a letter? I'm really really scared... also, what does "acceptances" include? Does it include just those people that are accepted right off the bat or does it also include those people that are waitlisted and eventualy get accepted?

OOSers? How about ISers? Just kidding. I know there have been a bunch of ISers invited. But I must just not be their cup of tea. Aren't they supposed to have a huge IS preference?

Bygones (aka crapshoot).

Members don't see this ad :)

well from my interview I remember hearing that they only interview ~100 or so OOSers and only want to have about 28 actually matriculate into their class of 128 or so....clearly the odds favor the instaters...that being said, I'm from MI and I somehow (really have no idea) managed to get an interview there the first week of november...so it can happen

I just got accepted OOS today!!! Goodluck!

A friend of mine who was complete on 8/24 just got an invite from Rush. They're currently scheduling interviews for the end of January. Just wanted to let people know who were complete early and never heard back.

That gives me some hope but I'm an OOSer so not sure if that means i'm goingto be a lOOSer when it comes to getting an interview invite :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I was complete on 8/20, OOS, still nothing. :confused: Anyone know how many OOS applicants apply (from which they select these 100 to interview)?

I just got an interview invite to Rush today and I went to schedule my interview but the infostatz currently says that no interview dates are available. Has anyone who got an invite recently been able to schedule their interview? Do you know what days are available? thanks!!

i actually got an interview invite email on christmas day (complete since aug i think), which was a very nice surprise~ but i was wondering why doesn't rush give u the names of interviewers.. how are you suppose to ask them questions about their specialty or something like that? I thought that was one of those things u were suppose to look into before the interview..

I just got an interview invite to Rush today and I went to schedule my interview but the infostatz currently says that no interview dates are available. Has anyone who got an invite recently been able to schedule their interview? Do you know what days are available? thanks!!

when i went on the site there were three dates.. all wednesdays in jan.. so i just picked the closest one.. which is next wednesday.. :scared:.. i'd call them n figure out what's going on..

i actually got an interview invite email on christmas day (complete since aug i think), which was a very nice surprise~ but i was wondering why doesn't rush give u the names of interviewers.. how are you suppose to ask them questions about their specialty or something like that? I thought that was one of those things u were suppose to look into before the interview..

You can ask more general questions about Rush itself. On interview day, they will give you a schedule with the names and departments of the people interviewing you. After all, you next four years are at Rush, not with those who inteviewed you.

You can ask more general questions about Rush itself. On interview day, they will give you a schedule with the names and departments of the people interviewing you. After all, you next four years are at Rush, not with those who inteviewed you.

ah I c~ thanks for the info! i was just wondering if i am missing something.. hehe..

on another note, i tried looking for more info on the school, like pros n cons, but haven't found much so far.. ><!! i hear that all rush students love their school.. but y? i mean wut sets it apart from other schools?

For me, the best things about Rush are the amazing clinical opportunities you will get while there, and the fact that you are in a city like Chicago, with a nearly endless supply of any other interest you may have...I also liked how the school definitely tries to get involved with a huge community in that city that needs various volunteer services...I stayed with a student while interviewing there, and really, he had nothing bad to say about the place...and I asked him tons of questions...

ah I c~ thanks for the info! i was just wondering if i am missing something.. hehe..

on another note, i tried looking for more info on the school, like pros n cons, but haven't found much so far.. ><!! i hear that all rush students love their school.. but y? i mean wut sets it apart from other schools?

On interview day you have lunch with current students. We asked them the downsides and they said the only complaints are that its expensive and that it doesn't have its own gym. The students are welcome to everyone and its more of a let's all get together and study vs. I single handedly need to beat everyone.

Perhaps the most unspecific statement ever- while I was at Rush, it just seemed like a great place to be. I personally sensed that I could be one of them and that I would be happy there.

thank you for the info UofM527 and shiftingmirage~ =D

:love:

is there any way to find out the status of your application beyond the "your app is complete" on the infostatz page ?

is there any way to find out the status of your application beyond the "your app is complete" on the infostatz page ?

Nope. I tried contacting them via email a couple of months ago, and they were not very receptive. But hey, go for it. I just don't think it'll help, or yield any information.

has anyone heard from rush recently at all ???

Bump...I was wondering the same thing.

Nope. I tried contacting them via email a couple of months ago, and they were not very receptive. But hey, go for it. I just don't think it'll help, or yield any information.

I'm so tempted to email them.. but scared at the same time. Haha.

I e-mailed them and got an e-mail back saying

"Please stop bothering us you stupid, annoying pre-med student."

No but really, it didn't yield much information at all.

:laugh: Although it didn't actually say that in the e-mail, it's probably what they were thinking! :laugh:

Word is that they still have ~75 interview invites to give out :crosses fingers:

where did you hear this ?? (crossing every finger and toe i have)

Family friend with good ties to RMC

Word is that they still have ~75 interview invites to give out :crosses fingers:

That's probably pretty accurate. When I got an interview invite a little over a week ago, they had 4 more days of interviews left (2 end of february, 2 beginning of march), and they interview about 20/day. When I finally scheduled my interview last week, one of the february days was gone and so I scheduled it for the other one. anyways hopefully you guys will hear soon! :luck::luck:

ok so random question.. maybe someone has already asked this but. for rush, is it kind of like loyola where they just reject everyone at once? or are they rejecting people as we go along ?

yeah, i got an interview for next week at rush. so excited!!

it probably was a week ago exactly.

i would die for an interview at rush!! i wonder how many of the 75 invites they've given out.... i have a feeling that maybe the current # of available invites is a lot less than 75:scared: pretty please rush, offer me an invite:luck:

how often does rush give out interviews?? i know there are like 10 left (but hopefully more) but im holding on to that last bit of bleak hope that MAYBE MAYBE they will give me a chance to interview there haha :D
is there any hope to still get one or should i accept defeat and move on ?

bump bump bump

I got one 2/15 for 2/27. I think they are still giving them out. I figure 40 or so are left from the calculation that there are two days still available and they interview about 20 people a day

I would really love to interview at Rush...it's a great school. Ditto for Loyola; either would bring me back home since UIC, RFU, and SIU have shown me no love whatsoever.

**sigh** I still haven't heard anything from them. I guess that means no love right? :(

sooo i've waited, and waited.. and waited. and waited. is it safe to assume that rush is just going to reject all the wait-ers like me because they have given out all their interview invites ?
:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:

sooo i've waited, and waited.. and waited. and waited. is it safe to assume that rush is just going to reject all the wait-ers like me because they have given out all their interview invites ?
:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:

I think it's safe to assume that. If your assumption is wrong, the only danger would be an interview, right? Quite a safe assumption by my standards. I hope it's wrong, though.