Anyone get an interview from Western U?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

basil411

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that interviews are in January. Has anyone gotten an invite? If you do get an invite, let us know. thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I haven’t heard from them yet. I heard on the forums earlier that they send out invites right around Christmas. I also heard that they had interviews in November. Can any one substantiate that claim?

TheChemist said:
I haven’t heard from them yet. I heard on the forums earlier that they send out invites right around Christmas. I also heard that they had interviews in November. Can any one substantiate that claim?

yeah according to one member from another post, he was invited to the november interview around thanksgiving. and he got accepted a week later. he said that there were about 20 ppl in that interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received a voicemail from Western this morning. They didn't leave much detail, but I'm almost positive they are calling candidates for the next round of interviews. :clap: I don't think they send out letters, so for those of you waiting, keep your phone lines open! I will decline the offer and withdraw my application since I already got into USC. :love: Good luck, all!

Just received a phone called from Western. I'm invited to an interview on Jan 17th.

basil411 said:
I know that interviews are in January. Has anyone gotten an invite? If you do get an invite, let us know. thanks! :)

I got a call from Western today too. I am invited for an interview on Jan 17.

I got a call from Western too and my interview is on Jan 19.
good luck to all of you!!! :)

ay002 said:
I got a call from Western too and my interview is on Jan 19.
good luck to all of you!!! :)

Hi all,

Congratulation on the interview. For those of you who will be getting an interview with Western in Jan, when did you guys send in your application (Pharmcas & Supplement). I'm waiting for mine and still haven't heard anything yet. Thanks so much for sharing.

Janbran

janbran said:
Hi all,

Congratulation on the interview. For those of you who will be getting an interview with Western in Jan, when did you guys send in your application (Pharmcas & Supplement). I'm waiting for mine and still haven't heard anything yet. Thanks so much for sharing.

Janbran

I sent both PharmCAS and supplemental application on September.
However, I got a confirmation (they said they are ready to evaluate me) from school via e-mail on Nov.

I got an interview for Jan.19th, but I just got my grades for fall semester and saw that I received a C- in o.chemII. I won't have time to retake it by the end of my spring semester. On their site, it says they don't take grades lower than a C. Do I still have a shot?

tao08244 said:
I got an interview for Jan.19th, but I just got my grades for fall semester and saw that I received a C- in o.chemII. I won't have time to retake it by the end of my spring semester. On their site, it says they don't take grades lower than a C. Do I still have a shot?

I would retake it even if it means having to take more classes.

tao08244 said:

To be honest, I doubt it, but then again we aren't the final word on these subjects, so you probly want to talk to the school. Believe me they are strict on their policy of having all classes done by the end of spring before you start.

I would guess they stick to their C rule because if they go below on it for one person, then thats not fair treatment to everyone, and they would have to lower the standard for everyone.