anyone get called for an interview yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pudgie84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
just curious if anyone has been called to set up an interview yet and for which school.

Members don't see this ad.

Most school don't start reviewing till the second or third week of August

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview scheduled for Fri, Sept 21st, at U. of Missouri-St. Louis. They offered Sept 10th (a Monday), but I asked for a Friday instead to accommodate my work schedule. The funny thing is I got the offer before my OptomCAS application was officially mailed (though I had submitted the fee for UM-St. Louis a couple weeks prior), so I think the offer was extended just based on the info in the school's own supplementary application.

I have an interview scheduled for Fri, Sept 21st, at U. of Missouri-St. Louis. They offered Sept 10th (a Monday), but I asked for a Friday instead to accommodate my work schedule. The funny thing is I got the offer before my OptomCAS application was officially mailed (though I had submitted the fee for UM-St. Louis a couple weeks prior), so I think the offer was extended just based on the info in the school's own supplementary application.

They actually have access to most/all of the OptomCAS app before it's "mailed" I think. I don't know what the know "mailed" thing really means...but one admissions rep told me they can see everything we've put into OptomCAS the same day we submit it. I think it's just the official version of our application that goes into the "mailed" thing...and what schools can see earlier is technically unofficial.

What were your stats?
6'2", 180 lbs, 4.6 sec in the 40-yd dash, 28" vertical leap...

But seriously: OAT scores are 340 for both TS/AA, GPA ~3.75, about 25 hrs total shadowing/volunteering.

(All joking aside: wouldn't applying to optometry school be way more fun if it were like the NFL Combine, with skills competitions on Interview Day? Maybe throw in a dodgeball game at the end: winning team gets admitted.)

Those are solid stats! I can't find their supp App. how did you find it? lol

Last edited:
6'2", 180 lbs, 4.6 sec in the 40-yd dash, 28" vertical leap...

But seriously: OAT scores are 340 for both TS/AA, GPA ~3.75, about 25 hrs total shadowing/volunteering.

(All joking aside: wouldn't applying to optometry school be way more fun if it were like the NFL Combine, with skills competitions on Interview Day? Maybe throw in a dodgeball game at the end: winning team gets admitted.)

hahaha...if only you weren't a steelers fan :(. go colts! (and if only my team didn't go from the best in the league to the worst of the worst *le sigh*)

I received an interview call at the beg of this month for UHCO.

I received an interview call at the beg of this month for UHCO.

When did you turn in your applications, and roughly what was the time frame like? As in, how long did it take to get your app verified and all that hoopla?

I turned in my application on July 17th (transcripts and LORs were already in at this point). It took roughly around 5 days for each individual school to get mailed and around July 25th for the GPAs to get calculated. & August 1st I received a phone call.

Anyone get interview offers for PCO (Philly) or Indiana yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, But last cycle I received one from PCO on August 25th so you should be hearing from them soon.

I submitted my optomcas on the july 25. It got verified on Aug 8. And I just received an interview from Pacific today.

I submitted my optomcas on the july 25. It got verified on Aug 8. And I just received an interview from Pacific today.

awesome. i am waiting eagerly to get an interview at pacific, but my optometrist hasn't written my rec letter yet and it's holding up my app :(

is it for sept 21st?

Last edited:
awesome. i am waiting eagerly to get an interview at pacific, but my optometrist hasn't written my rec letter yet and it's holding up my app :(

is it for sept 21st?

Yes it is for the 21st. If your optometrist is holding up your app then I would contact him and let him know your situation. Let him/her know how that your application is ready and you would like to apply early.

congrats! I also received an interview for pacific today too :)

Congrats!! What day is your interview? Mine's on the 21st of Sept.

Yes it is for the 21st. If your optometrist is holding up your app then I would contact him and let him know your situation. Let him/her know how that your application is ready and you would like to apply early.

Congrats!! What day is your interview? Mine's on the 21st of Sept.
I have an interview on sept 21st too :) i'm so excited to take a trip to Oregon. How are you preparing for the interview?

I got my PCO and ICO invite today, very excited!

when did they receive your app's? they got mine on 14th August so im assuming you got an interview today because they got your app's earlier than mine?

when did they receive your app's? they got mine on 14th August so im assuming you got an interview today because they got your app's earlier than mine?

Yeah my app was sent out Aug 2nd and went ahead and paid all supp fees before being asked. I'm sure you'll hear soon!

ya i paid for everything when I esubmitted as well. so I was reading your old posts, you are CANADIAN Too! :)
Mine were sent Aug 7th. :)

If you guys only knew what you are about to.....never mind.

I already had an interview at SCO and have one lined up at UHCO next month!

Also ICO sent me an invite today

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

I have an interview on sept 21st too :) i'm so excited to take a trip to Oregon. How are you preparing for the interview?

Youtube baby! They got a lot of great mock interviews you can watch. I am really excited for my interview too! What's your name? It would be cool to run into each other while we're there.

~Paymaun

hey what are your stats? I am still waiting to hear from them.

3.38 gpa, I have a bachelor's and a master's, a bunch of shadowing and LOR's, will be taking my OAT on October 1

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

Youtube baby! They got a lot of great mock interviews you can watch. I am really excited for my interview too! What's your name? It would be cool to run into each other while we're there.

~Paymaun
Hi Paymaun,
youtube sounds like a good idea. I found the ones that SCCO posted really helpful. I just bought my plane ticket a few days ago. things are starting to get real serious. are you from around oregon?

-Gwen

I also received an interview invitation from PCO. Do you know when your interview date will be?
I was wondering if you knew of any cheap hotels nearby or what your means of transportation will be to the campus? Any info is much appreciated since I've never been to Pennsylvania.

Does ICO extends interviews without OAT scores? I am taking my OAT on Sept 5th so I was wondering what schools offered interviews without OAT scores.

Does ICO extends interviews without OAT scores? I am taking my OAT on Sept 5th so I was wondering what schools offered interviews without OAT scores.

Yes they do. I'm interviewing there next month and I'm taking my OAT on October 1st.

csandova already got an invite to ICO w/o having taken his/her OATs yet. I think other schools might extend interviews even if you haven't taken it yet, if all your other stats are good. I think the general trend is people with good GPAs will score decently on OATs.

I turned in my application on July 17th (transcripts and LORs were already in at this point). It took roughly around 5 days for each individual school to get mailed and around July 25th for the GPAs to get calculated. & August 1st I received a phone call.

Was your application officially mailed to schools before your GPA was calculated?

i know pacific doesnt offer interviews until they receive all your app materials

Great to hear! When did you turn in your supplement for ICO? I just turned mine in yesterday.

For ICO, do they have to send you a supplemental?

Great to hear! When did you turn in your supplement for ICO? I just turned mine in yesterday.

Also, does anyone know what optometry schools think about C's on transcripts? I have a 3.5 overall GPA, and a 3.0 science GPA. I have TONS of shadowing, volunteer, and EC activities, plus 4 strong LORs. I'm just getting a little worried, I guess.

SCO is really on the ball. Optcomcas hasn't even mailed my app yet and they've already invited me for an interview. Gave me a $400 award for travel costs too.

Scheduled for Sept 17th