Anyone get "rejected" from Buffalo?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alfie5884

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far all I see on the boards is either "accepted" or "alternate". I'm just curious whether being an alternate means a rejection because I haven't seen anyone rejected from Buffalo so far. Please correct me if I'm wrong :D

Members don't see this ad.

tinman831 said:
The alternate list is just another way of saying "waiting list". There are probably people who HAVE been rejected. They just prefer not to tell anyone.

I disagree. From the first batch of acceptance there will certainly be many applicants who do not accept. Therefore they will pick new students to accept some from the waiting/alternate list and others from interviews after Dec 1st. I would say that if you're high on the alternate list you definatly have a very good shot of getting a seat. That's just my opinion. GOOD LUCK!

Members don't see this ad :)
Mich212 said:
I disagree. From the first batch of acceptance there will certainly be many applicants who do not accept. Therefore they will pick new students to accept some from the waiting/alternate list and others from interviews after Dec 1st. I would say that if you're high on the alternate list you definatly have a very good shot of getting a seat. That's just my opinion. GOOD LUCK!

I was actually replying to two different things he was saying. Being on the alternate list does not mean rejection. AND when alfie asked why no one has been rejected, yes, there are people who probably have been rejected, but prefer not to tell anyone. :)

from the Buffalo website:

"Alternate: Applicant's name has been placed on the alternate list and he or she will be considered for acceptance when openings in the class develop in the late Spring and Summer months."

this makes it sound like they won't pull people off of the waitlist while they are still interviewing applicants. i.e., we haven't accepted you but we haven't rejected you... we will make up our mind after we interview everybody else...

yes? no? maybe?