Anyone getting hired by Wal*Mart?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

trailerpark

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was told by a DM they wanted to hire me as a grad intern. I just graduated and applied for a grad intern position online a while ago. He told me I needed a state intern license for his state so I got that and gave him my intern license number, then he said Walmart had to "check my credentials". He said about a week for that. After that what should I expect? I live about 16 hours away and he mentioned they could give me a hotel room for a few weeks and I found a company called Upack to move my small studio, but I've never worked for Walmart before, not even a rotation so once they check my credentials and I get the offer, what next?
 
You get an offer letter via email, and you have to go to a local Walmart to sign papers to begin a background check and instructions on where to do a urine test for drugs. When they email you the official offer the DM will likely ask you which Walmart's are closest to where you live and the DM will arrange it with your local store to initiate that background/urine stuff. About a week later the DM will hopefully tell you that you passed the checks and set up an orientation day for you at a store in the district you were hired.

Which state, by the way?