Anyone getting pregnant while working in cancer institute?

Started by Exubera
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Exubera

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I've just got an offer from a cancer institute and want to work there. But I really plan to get pregnant this year. Do you think working as a pharmacist in cancer facility would effect the baby during pregnancy? I actually have another offer from medical center, where is far away. I might have to relocate and live far away from my husband. Does anyone know or have experience in cancer facility?
 
I worked at a cancer center for a couple years and saw two people have babies, but they were both MDs and weren't around all the chemotherapeutic agents all day long. They also weren't down on the radiation tx floor either, but I assume you're concerned about being around drugs that need to be reconstituted. Not sure how much the baby could be affected even if everything was compounded by techs using glove boxes.
 
Soyroger, yes. I am just worried of being around those drugs. Thanks a million