Anyone Go Direct from High School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noonealone

ithinkmyspacebarisbroken!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking of going the 0+6 route to a PharmD, and I have some questions for anyone here who went to pharm school directly from high school.

How hard/easy was the material for you?
How much difference did was there in your amount of studying/preparation?
Did you have trouble adjusting to pharm school?
Were you ready for pharm school right after HS?
What is your schedule like? Hectic?
Do you regret not going to undergrad?

Also, if you don't mind please post your HS stats just so I have an idea of what it takes to get in.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

noonealone said:
I've been thinking of going the 0+6 route to a PharmD, and I have some questions for anyone here who went to pharm school directly from high school.

How hard/easy was the material for you?
How much difference did was there in your amount of studying/preparation?
Did you have trouble adjusting to pharm school?
Were you ready for pharm school right after HS?
What is your schedule like? Hectic?
Do you regret not going to undergrad?

Also, if you don't mind please post your HS stats just so I have an idea of what it takes to get in.
Thanks

I may be wrong, but I believe the 0+6 program is 2 years of undergraduate work as a regular college student, then you enter into the pharmacy program after finishing all the prereqs. So, you're not really going into pharmacy school straight from high school. I could be wrong. I went four years, got my degree, and now I'm going four more for pharmacy school, but I wouldn't do it that way if I had it to do over again. If you're a good student right now, in high school, then the adjustment to the classes you'll have to take in college for pharmacy school shouldn't be too bad.

Although I did not do the 0+6 program, I do know someone that is and EDF5 is right. You DO NOT start pharmacy school straight off from HS. You are only admitted to their program. It would still take you 6 yrs to get your pharmD. The only difference is you do not have to worry about applying to pharm schools after you're finished with your pre-reqs; you are secured a spot. Some school still make you take the PCAT though just to see how you'd score but it's not that much pressure on you like it would other people (those that are applying). But if you do bad during the pre-reqs you could lose your spot too.

Ok thanks, I would rather have the 2 years of undergrad anyway. I just don't want to worry about applying to pharm school with college stats. That means all I would need to worry about is keeping my GPA up. No worrying about volunteering, pharm experience, PCAT, LORs, interviews, etc.