Anyone go to Loyola??? Bad Experience!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SpartyGoBlue

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

Is anyone out there a resident for Loyola's PMR program or has anyone heard anything about it? I was just wondering because I recently called the program because I was going to be in the Chicago area. I was hoping to just meet with someone to discuss their program. The woman who answered the phone was very rude when I called and said that there was no way that I would be able to visit with the program and there was nobody who would be able to speak with me. I have contacted many programs and have never had this response before. Because of this I don't even want to apply to this program. Does anyone out there have any information that can convince me otherwise.

Thanks!
 
I think how you pick a program is entirely up to you, but basing the next 4 years of your life on the fact that a secretary was having a bad day would not be my approach.

Perhaps you might want to contact the PD:

Jay V Subbarao, MD
Loyola University School of Medicine
Orthopedic Surgery and Rehab
2160 S First Avenue Rehab Med
Maywood IL 60153
Phone: (708) 216-4994
FAX: (708) 216-9348
[email protected]

or the Department Chair:

Terry R Light, MD
Loyola University of Chicago
Stritch School of Medicine
Orthopedic Surgery and Rehabilitation
2160 South First Avenue
Maywood IL 60153
Phone: (708) 216-9000

so that you can make an informed decision

Just a thought
 
Thanks for the reply...You're right, I don't want to just rule out a program based on one secretaries response....But how do you like it? Do you feel that it's a strong program and that is worthwhile for me to try and visit?

Thanks again