You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
anyone going to NYIT???
Started by ptdream
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I am going to NYIT.
See you there in June.
See you there in June.
/raises hand.
Now, I am attending after deferring for a year, so does anyone know when the program actually starts? I know last year it started in late May, but now I'm hearing June.
In any sense, see you in the summer!
Now, I am attending after deferring for a year, so does anyone know when the program actually starts? I know last year it started in late May, but now I'm hearing June.
In any sense, see you in the summer!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will try commuting during the summer session and see if it will work out or not. If not, I will probably dorm during the fall. I think it should take me between 1hr to 1.5hr to get there. PTdream, where do you and your friend live maybe well could all commute together? I live need the GW Bridge...around 10 minutes from it.
Planning to Dorm...but I heard their dorms are in SUNY ...but trying to find private apartment as its little cheaper thn dorms...but dont know anyone around oldwestbury...
do u know any of ur frnds who are actuallly studying in NYIT right now???😕😕
I would love to commute but its really far frm woodbridge ...i think 4 - 5 hours commute time everyday...🙁
do u know any of ur frnds who are actuallly studying in NYIT right now???😕😕
I would love to commute but its really far frm woodbridge ...i think 4 - 5 hours commute time everyday...🙁
You guys are making things too complicated I think. You guys need to visit the NYCOM thread in Pre-Osteo section AND the Osteo section and ask those guys where they live. There are plenty of places and with or without a car acess. They will have much better insight into your living situation. Also look online for apartments, cost, distance, etc. Facebook current DPTs @ NYIT and ask them. Once you guys pick out a few spots, meet each other in person and go visit those places.
If you guys choose to live together then cost will be far less.
Commuting from Bergen/Hudson county is Doable, but you better get ready to shell out @ least ~$20 bucks a day ($8 GWB, $5 each way on throgs neck) OR Wait in mindblowing amounts of traffic if you cut through NYC. Oh and Leave MAD early like 6:30 to 7am Or else game over on NJ side trafficwise.
BUT I would not recommend it at all because it is taking away precious study time and generating more stress in the long term.
TO go back to my Doable section IE $20/day x 30= $600 I am sure you can find an apartment for that per month/per person.
If you guys are 100% for NYIT I say get together and do some brainstorming/visiting and figure it out.
👍😀
Sorry guys if I sound mean, but after reading some of your posts, I had to chime in.
If you guys choose to live together then cost will be far less.
Commuting from Bergen/Hudson county is Doable, but you better get ready to shell out @ least ~$20 bucks a day ($8 GWB, $5 each way on throgs neck) OR Wait in mindblowing amounts of traffic if you cut through NYC. Oh and Leave MAD early like 6:30 to 7am Or else game over on NJ side trafficwise.
BUT I would not recommend it at all because it is taking away precious study time and generating more stress in the long term.
TO go back to my Doable section IE $20/day x 30= $600 I am sure you can find an apartment for that per month/per person.
If you guys are 100% for NYIT I say get together and do some brainstorming/visiting and figure it out.
👍😀
Sorry guys if I sound mean, but after reading some of your posts, I had to chime in.
I live 15 minutes away form Jersey City. Are you planing to commute or dorm ?
Planning to Dorm...but I heard their dorms are in SUNY ...but trying to find private apartment as its little cheaper thn dorms...but dont know anyone around oldwestbury...
do u know any of ur frnds who are actuallly studying in NYIT right now???😕😕
I would love to commute but its really far frm woodbridge ...i think 4 - 5 hours commute time everyday...🙁
Thnks a lot for your help!!!🙂🙂
Anyone know the best place to start looking for apartments around the area? I'm not familiar with LI...looking for a 1 BR or studio, preferably =]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi everyone...
i am attending NYIT and looking for apartment close to campus...
if anyone interested in sharing an apartment with me... please
pm or or join my facebook group "NYIT DPT class of 2012" plz plz...
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=49375744682
thank you soooo much...
i am attending NYIT and looking for apartment close to campus...
if anyone interested in sharing an apartment with me... please
pm or or join my facebook group "NYIT DPT class of 2012" plz plz...
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=49375744682
thank you soooo much...
Hey, I will be a first year DPT student beginning this may. Two of my classmates and I are looking for apartments but are having a very hard time finding anything cheaper than $700 per person. Do you guys know of anyone in your class moving out of an apartment that would be cheaper? Do you have any tips on how to find a good and cheap apartment? If you could help me I would really appreciate it. My e-mail is [email protected] if you would like to answer me there or if you would like to answer here that is fine too. Thank you!!
Here is a reminder, Thanks!
Hello all,
I have been moving an abundance of threads from this forum to the Pre-PT forum. I totally understand that as acceptances roll in and you need to decide where to go for school, you want opinions from your peers. Or, if you know where you're going, you want to find other people going to the same school. That's definitely fine to post, but please do so in the Pre-PT forum.
Just a reminder: The Pre-PT forum is for anything pertaining to choosing PT schools, gathering info about schools (including "who is going to be at ________ in fall 2012?" or "who has heard from _______" threads), questions about prereqs, applications, interviews, etc.
The DPT forum should be focused on issues related to current students and practicing professionals (news, health care reform, insurance issues, anecdotes, treatment innovations, advice for PT classes, etc.).
Everyone is obviously welcome to read and post anywhere in this forum, as long as it is on topic to the section. Please keep anything pertaining to the application process in the Pre-PT section so that the major issues threads in this forum don't get lost.
Thanks! And if you have any questions or concerns, just let me know!
DancerFutureDPT
