Anyone going to Saba in Sept 2004?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rimon7381

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone from this forum is going to Saba University School of Medicine in September 2004 or Jan 2005. If so, I was thinking we could start a geographical representation of students that are going to saba in Sept/Jan and their undergraduate schools.

So, I'll start:

Going to Saba from NY in Sept 2004

Undergraduate School: SUNY-Binghamton
Class of 2004

Members don't see this ad.

What are your stats for getting into SABA?

UT_OC said:
What are your stats for getting into SABA?

Cum GPA: 3.4
Sci GPA: 3.3
MCAT: not required (but mine was a little below avg)

Members don't see this ad :)
rimon7381 said:
Cum GPA: 3.4
Sci GPA: 3.3
MCAT: not required (but mine was a little below avg)
MCAT not required? :laugh:

That says it all.

I'll be at Saba in May 2005. Had to defer to fulfill my employment contract here in the states first.

From Texas
Cum GPA: 3.47 (including Grad degree, without it was 2.9)
Science GPA: 3.8
LOTS of professional experience working with patients in a clincal setting, also an EMT.

Didn't take the MCAT, since Saba accepted me prior to when I would have taken it, and I knew I would not matriculate in my home state at my older age and low undergrad GPA. That includes the DO school here.
As you might guess, I had a disaster of a freshman year, almost was kicked out of college because of poor grades at one point. Had nothing to do with smarts....things happen, life isn't all roses for everyone. But most US med schools don't care 'bout that, it's about the numbers first.
Rebounded anyway. ;)
Don't care what Mr. Luck and those like him think. I'm gonna be a physician. :smuggrin:

Don't care what Mr. Luck and those like him think. I'm gonna be a physician.

Well said, A-MEN! Don't let anyone stop you from achieving your goals, they are not God.

Therese737 said:
Well said, A-MEN! Don't let anyone stop you from achieving your goals, they are not God.
So the logical conclusion from your statements is that if God went to him and asked him to stop achieving his goals, he should. ;)

I'm a Saba grad. I never took the MCAT. I got 213 on step one, 236 on step two, 242 on step three and in the top 20th percentile on both my PGY-1 and PGY-2 in-service exams.

I don't see any correlation between taking the MCAT and my performance as a medical student or physician.