Anyone Going to San Antonio Review Course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ckyuen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to the SAORC march 6-10th, I'll be there, it's an excellent course have gone two years in row, and at least for OKAPS it helped a lot. all of the people from my program who went last year passed the written qualifying exam, hope it holds true this year.

Members don't see this ad.

that's so true!
I did the San Antonio course a few years ago, back before 9/11 when they let you stay on the BAMC military base. It was such a great course & awesome value. I've also done the Harvard course & it has many more famous names, & was also very good, but much more expensive than the San Antonio course.
Plus it is much warmer in San Antonio:)

I, too, think that it is a wonderful course. Of course, I am biased. This will be the 6th time that I have attended. But I did my residency with the Air Force in San Antonio, so it has been part of my training (I don't love ophtho THAT much!). I went last year (first year out of residency) and passed the writtens. Now am going back to help with the orals (actually, I am mainly going back to see friends and colleagues, but the learning is good, too). I have heard it so many times that I could tell the jokes!

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought the san antonio caourse was good. Some better than others, Should i study there notes or do questions. Has anyone heard of a course i california?

Also what causes decreased vision in corneal edema?

scattering

I was wondering are we supoosed to study like crazy for the boards. In private practice i am not finding any time to study? I was wondering what people are doing. Also now it is on computer how is this going to be?

pedseye is psychic see reply above. cant say anymore per our agreement in taking the boards.

Is anyone going to the San Antonio board review course? I know it's a bit early, but I have to plan my schedule ahead of time. :)

I'm thinking of going because people seem to think it's better than the Wills course.

Can't say enough good things about the San Antonio course. This will be my third time there, but this time it's for the real deal (boards this spring).
It's as good a review as you will find, and for $300 you can't beat it.

Wow it's up to 300.00 now. I thought it was like 180.00 or so last time I went. But still for 300.00 it's a great deal. Even just as a review less than 10.00 a cme credit is great.

Went to the Wills course once...and thought it was good. I know that the Will's course is more expensive, but has anybody been to both Wills and San Antonio who can compare the two courses in terms of content??

I have a good friend that went to both. He went to the wills course once and San Antonio 4 times. He felt he did much better on okaps and the boards with the San Antonio course.

Went to the Wills course once...and thought it was good. I know that the Will's course is more expensive, but has anybody been to both Wills and San Antonio who can compare the two courses in terms of content??

I chose SAOC based on recommendations from several people who had done both; they all felt that the quality was comparable. I thought it was excellent.

Dave