Anyone going to the NHSC Conference in Maryland, 11/4-11/7?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roady

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! Anyone else going to the NHSC Conference in Maryland, 11/4-11/7?

What do you think the benefits of going are??

And as far as logistics--do you know how to get from airport to the hotel, and when you get your hotel room (anyone get it yet? Did you get your own room, or is there a roommate in the picture??)

Thanks! See you there maybe!!

Members don't see this ad.

I am, but sorry i think i'm more in the dark than you are... that's why i'm going :laugh:

I have not heard anything about my roomate status at the hotel. As for transport from the airport to the hotel, i was just going to do what i did for interviews. Call the hotel to see how far they are from the airport and if they have a shuttle or go on mapquest to figure out how far it is from the airport and therefore a how much i'll have to pay for a cab :(

Anyway, congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
What a relief to get some feedback from anyone, tx!!!

I am afraid I'll be yahoo mapping my way or whatever travel site info I need...I just wonder if I will be sort of wasting my time to head up there, or will some good actually come of my trip!? Believe me, I have hardly a clue about the details of NHSC and making it really work out.

What do you know or what do you want to know that you think will be important questions to go into the conference with??

Anyone else going or gone in the past--and care to share the experience and lessons learned/opportunities missed?? I really hope the NHSC isn't just for doing psychiatry in jails once we get there for those of us planning to be in psychiatry...

THANKS FOR SHARING!!

I went last year, and it was a blast. You will not need a rent car because metrorail runs very near the hotel. A shuttle will take you to the hotel as well as long as you do not arrive after 11PM or so. Bring all your questions now, because this may be your last contact with these top leaders. And I am doing research now because I plan on creating my own job opportunity where I want to work. You do not have to wait around for them to place a job on the list. As long as you find a place with a HPSA score over 14, and a place in that jurisdiction to work and be willing to accept a graduated fee schedule and medicaid, you can pretty much create your own job. Do not fear...remember, this is the government we are talking about. There are more loopholes in the policies than there are in a Bush foreign policy!! You should all go to the conference though because it really gives you a chance to meet other scholars. Good luck!!

I went to the conference last year too and had a lot of fun. I used mapquest and drove down and it was easy to find. Take advantage of looking at the SEARCH programs while you are there. I went to the one in Maine this summer and it was a great experience that I would recommend to anyone. The conference answered a lot of questions that I had, it realy is the best time to talk to the people involved with NHSC as they are not as easy to find afterwards. Also you get your own room at the hotel, no roomate.

GTchick said:
I went to the conference last year too and had a lot of fun. I used mapquest and drove down and it was easy to find. Take advantage of looking at the SEARCH programs while you are there. I went to the one in Maine this summer and it was a great experience that I would recommend to anyone. The conference answered a lot of questions that I had, it realy is the best time to talk to the people involved with NHSC as they are not as easy to find afterwards. Also you get your own room at the hotel, no roomate.

BUMP~!

Anyone want to meet up at the conference--I'm definitely going!

I'm at the conference--anyone want to meet up and explore town? Anyway--as far as they've been telling us--most questions that you have...can be answered by your analyst!!

There's gotta be something fun going on here, right!!??