anyone going to uop this weekend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmLuck168

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone here going to UOP tomorrow?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be there. I am bring along a copy of my pharmcas application and my current UOP application.

And of course, I'm bringing along a list of questions to ask.

Anyone coming from Los Angeles to go there tomorrow? I want to go but the drive is 5 hours for me with traffic. I was hoping to get a carpool buddy.

I'll be there. I am bring along a copy of my pharmcas application and my current UOP application.

And of course, I'm bringing along a list of questions to ask.

Where can I get the UOP application?

So what'd everyone think? Helpful or not?

And where did you all sit? :laugh:

The good thing I got out of it was that Veronica answered my questions at the end of the session.

I'm a reapplicant so most of what she talked about during the presentation was already familiar to me.

I sat in the front left side.

So many students there have a wide range of backgrounds!

Front right, just like every class for the last million years!

Veronica is such a sweetheart... and I don't say that very often about very many people. A gruff exterior, but all melty inside... And probably the single most helpful person from any CoP that I have spoken to before.

I was happy I didn't need my flak vest this time in Stockton.

hey pavouaxiong, i think I saw you last saturday. By the way, did they tell you exactly why you were not admitted last year? just curious...

you guys trying to get the application by tier 1?

One last question- does anyone know how to pay Pharmcas?

hey pavouaxiong, i think I saw you last saturday. By the way, did they tell you exactly why you were not admitted last year? just curious...

You can pay for it any number of ways, and here's a good link for you:

https://portal.pharmcas.org/applicants2009/faq/pcas_fees.shtml

I sent my fees by check to the address in MA listed on that link.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes, Veronica explained my strengths and weaknesses.

Yes, I will try to get my application by tier 1 this year. I'm still waiting for one of my recommenders to complete his LOR.

I paid Pharmcas by credit card last year.

thanks guys- I guess the challenge now is how we can stand out from really strong candidates. I was surprised to find out the diversity from applicants last year. I'm guessing it will be a competitive year this year...

thanks guys- I guess the challenge now is how we can stand out from really strong candidates. I was surprised to find out the diversity from applicants last year. I'm guessing it will be a competitive year this year...

From what I gather, every school in CA is poised to have a VERY competitive year coming up.

Front right, just like every class for the last million years!

Veronica is such a sweetheart... and I don't say that very often about very many people. A gruff exterior, but all melty inside... And probably the single most helpful person from any CoP that I have spoken to before.

I was happy I didn't need my flak vest this time in Stockton.
*tries to remember*

Yeahhhh... I can't remember that area because I was too distracted by the two Asian girls asking all the questions. You were sitting in that row, right?

I agree. Veronica is such a helpful person and she tries not to make you feel stupid even when your questions may be.

And I totally didn't need the kevlar that you suggested! :p

*tries to remember*

Yeahhhh... I can't remember that area because I was too distracted by the two Asian girls asking all the questions. You were sitting in that row, right?

I agree. Veronica is such a helpful person and she tries not to make you feel stupid even when your questions may be.

And I totally didn't need the kevlar that you suggested! :p

Mmmmm, I don't remember seeing any asians! And certainly no attractive females. I'm happy married, remember? =)

Well, UoP is in a fairly decent-ish area, go any further south toward Alpine or more west toward Pershing ---> Crosstown Fwy and you're going to be in hot water. Kevlar is always a good idea in Stockton!

Mmmmm, I don't remember seeing any asians! And certainly no attractive females. I'm happy married, remember? =)

Well, UoP is in a fairly decent-ish area, go any further south toward Alpine or more west toward Pershing ---> Crosstown Fwy and you're going to be in hot water. Kevlar is always a good idea in Stockton!
Seriously?? I saw a lot of Asians and their parents with them! You must have been really down to business!

Lol, I didn't know you were married~ I actually thought you were that other military guy who asked a couple of questions. He was sitting on the right side of the room and a little bit towards the back.

Ah.. I see. Good thing I didn't get lost in that area then. I'll keep my kevlar with me for sure!

I was also surprised that many Asians showed up. Where did you sit Purple?

I was impressed with how many people asked good questions (altho there were a few repetitive ones). Looks like a competitive group!