anyone got interview at OHSU???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teett

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone got interview from OHSU? my application submitted in June. I received an email saying my application is completed. What can I do now except just waiting?

Members don't see this ad.

They are a bit slower I believe, just be patient

On my AADSAS portal I got an update on 9/11/09 as 'Recieved/Under Review'

With the following message:

Your application is currently in the process of being reviewed. It will proceed through a multileveled review in which we consider such factors as your GPA, academic history, DAT scores, letters of evaluation/recommendation, investigation in the field of dentistry and all other factors presented in your application. You will be notified in writing and by email of any changes made to your application status.

got the same email too. I also got one asking for better documentation of observation hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guys, i got the same email...

OHSU is one of the best schools that how treat the apllicants( like a humanbeen not as a pre-dental student! :D). I do lots of respect for this school eventhough they didn't offer an interview to me last cycle.

does anyone got interview from OHSU? my application submitted in June. I received an email saying my application is completed. What can I do now except just waiting?

I have not got any letter regarding interview either!! (I'm going out of patient). in their letter they said they'll start the process in mid-september...well..It is almost October now!!

I have not got any letter regarding interview either!! (I'm going out of patient). in their letter they said they'll start the process in mid-september...well..It is almost October now!!

What does this mean??

when should we start to call them if we still not receive anything???

What does this mean??

I think English is probably their second language, and they intended to say that they are running out of patience. (It would be pretty bad to run out of patients even before going to dental school...........)

I think English is probably their second language, and they intended to say that they are running out of patience. (It would be pretty bad to run out of patients even before going to dental school...........)

Ahhh...

I called OHSU because some how when I sent my dat scores out the adea did not have record of it, so i had to resend half of my scores. It actually cost about 2-3 weeks by the time they got those scores to the schools. Anyways, from talking with them it sounded like they were processing the applications but I did not ask them directly. I would think they would get annoyed if everyone asked when their application is going to be finished processing.

still nothing from them

I am a second year at ohsu. We had our first set of interviews today. Sit back and relax. You'll hear from mark soon enough. There's lots of time in the cycle still.

I am a second year at ohsu. We had our first set of interviews today. Sit back and relax. You'll hear from mark soon enough. There's lots of time in the cycle still.

I just recieved a letter from them today. I am not sure if its a good thing or not. It said that following the initial review we are not prepared to take official action...Applications are review periodically throughout the cycle. You will be informed immediately of any change in the status of your application...We will contact you in writing as soon as determination has been made.

I know it is better than getting a straight rejection letter. Did anyone else get this letter too?

I just recieved a letter from them today. I am not sure if its a good thing or not. It said that following the initial review we are not prepared to take official action...Applications are review periodically throughout the cycle. You will be informed immediately of any change in the status of your application...We will contact you in writing as soon as determination has been made.

I know it is better than getting a straight rejection letter. Did anyone else get this letter too?

I got this today. They ain't ready for us. They just ain't ready.

I got a letter today saying my app has completed initial assessment and has progressed to the next phase of review. blah blah blah... all applications in this category receive periodic review until a final decision is made. Is this the letter you guys are talking about?

I got a letter today saying my app has completed initial assessment and has progressed to the next phase of review. blah blah blah... all applications in this category receive periodic review until a final decision is made. Is this the letter you guys are talking about?

I took what I wrote directly from my letter. So, unless yours had those sentences in it, it was probably different. The key phrase in my letter was we are not prepared to take official action at this time.