Anyone graduated from RMCC and currently in Med Schoo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newtonsingh

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here majored in Life Sciences at the RMCC during their undergrad, and managed to get accepted into MD?
Lil bro considering going to RMCC instead of Western.

Members don't see this ad.

Well there's the obvious issue of him not being able to apply for a min of what, 4 years? Until he finishes his military contract. So he'd be say 22 finishing at RMCC, 26 starting med, 30 starting residency....35 getting his first job.....

I would not at all reccomend that. The degree also might not be accepted, Can med schools have very, very strict requirements for courseload/academics, and the academics at RMCC are pretty lax from what I've heard from profs there.

But if he wants to save $$ and be in the military, there's a fantastic option to join at the start of med school and they pay your tuition+give you a salary, as long as you got into Family Medicine and work for them for 4 years after.

Reactions: 1 user
Well there's the obvious issue of him not being able to apply for a min of what, 4 years? Until he finishes his military contract. So he'd be say 22 finishing at RMCC, 26 starting med, 30 starting residency....35 getting his first job.....

I would not at all reccomend that. The degree also might not be accepted, Can med schools have very, very strict requirements for courseload/academics, and the academics at RMCC are pretty lax from what I've heard from profs there.

But if he wants to save $$ and be in the military, there's a fantastic option to join at the start of med school and they pay your tuition+give you a salary, as long as you got into Family Medicine and work for them for 4 years after.

Thanks.
I'm not so informed about RMCC, and thus couldn't give him concrete advice, but your response helps big time!