-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
anyone "graduating" from their postbacc program in may?
Started by olemissbabydoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'll be finishing my postbacc work in seven weeks and I am thrilled!
anyone else?
Me too and I have been here long enough that this fall they had to extend my student ID capabilities because they thought I graduated already 🙄 But I am psyched to be getting out of here after three long years and moving onto medical school!!! 😀
Oooh I'm done in May so excited!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What program are yall graduating from? What did you think of the program? Have yall been accepted to a medical school now? If so which one?
Sorry a bunch of questions. Thanks for your help!
I'm graduating from Penn. You can see my opinion of Penn under the Rate Your SMP/PB thread. I've been accepted to a few medical schools including PCOM which is where I am planning on heading. I am still waiting to hear from a few schools where I am on hold, but for right now, I'm pretty excited to start at PCOM.
I would like to join this thread because I too will be "graduating" from my postbacc here at UC Davis School of Medicine! I like adding that my postbacc was thru a med school, makes me feel like I am getting closer. God bless.
I'm finishing up at Columbia. I have also posted fairly extensively about my experience on the rate your SMP/Postbac thread. I'll say that I like this year better than last year. I'll be heading into a lag year this year so no word on med schools.
I'm finishing mine too! It's an informal DIY post-bacc but I'm thrilled because my grades are going to be good!
Where'd you do your informal program? I looked all over your 2 mdapps and couldn't figure it out. Are you still going to do a SMP, BTW?I'm finishing mine too! It's an informal DIY post-bacc but I'm thrilled because my grades are going to be good!
I'm sure that your GPA trend with your MCAT (plus your attitude and unique experiences) will make this next cycle a lot more successful for you.
Where'd you do your informal program? I looked all over your 2 mdapps and couldn't figure it out. Are you still going to do a SMP, BTW?
I'm sure that your GPA trend with your MCAT (plus your attitude and unique experiences) will make this next cycle a lot more successful for you.
I did it at my home university (In Canadia.)
And yeah, I'm still going to an SMP program...no point in taking chances, plus it'll help me prepare for medical school...I mean you can't learn things better than if you learn them twice.

That's right. I'm thinking of taking that route, too. I just need to find out how annoyed Georgetown SMP will be if I decline and reapply next year 😀I did it at my home university (In Canadia.)
And yeah, I'm still going to an SMP program...no point in taking chances, plus it'll help me prepare for medical school...I mean you can't learn things better than if you learn them twice.![]()
That's right. I'm thinking of taking that route, too. I just need to find out how annoyed Georgetown SMP will be if I decline and reapply next year 😀
Probably not too annoyed haha. I did the same thing last year. I was determined to begin as fast as possible, but I realized that I'd be better off if I did a post-bacc first...plus I hadn't taken the MCAT and was about to take the GRE. I just explained to them my situation, and told them that I would apply again next year when I had my MCAT and all of my prereqs in hand.
Still have a gap year, wasn't far enough in my post bacc (and my mcat was too low) to be taken seriously last time.
with a new and improved 3.93 bcpm gpa (up from 3.7 with only like 2 sciences last time) and *hopefully* +5 or so on mcat, I'm very excited about the upcoming cycle!
17 days of school left!! 🙂
with a new and improved 3.93 bcpm gpa (up from 3.7 with only like 2 sciences last time) and *hopefully* +5 or so on mcat, I'm very excited about the upcoming cycle!
17 days of school left!! 🙂
Still have a gap year, wasn't far enough in my post bacc (and my mcat was too low) to be taken seriously last time.
with a new and improved 3.93 bcpm gpa (up from 3.7 with only like 2 sciences last time) and *hopefully* +5 or so on mcat, I'm very excited about the upcoming cycle!
17 days of school left!! 🙂
I really wish that I was as mature as you guys when I came to university...Those days of a 3.93 possibility are way behind me. Good work Gradu8in, you're going to rock it this year!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some post-baccs advocate applying while enrolled in the program. Some people (myself included) see this as advice as idiotic for some people since if your GPA is an issue and you didn't improve it before entering the SMP, then you'll have nothing to update the schools on for nearly half of the application cycle.Do you guys complete your post-bacc program and then apply to med school?
If so don't you guys have a free year to do relax?
Other programs have no preference and in those cases, yes, you would have a year off if you apply once the program is done. Nothing's ideal, I'm afraid.
How do you get around repaying your student loans in the gap year?
I really wish that I was as mature as you guys when I came to university...Those days of a 3.93 possibility are way behind me. Good work Gradu8in, you're going to rock it this year!
Aww, thanks V! 🙂
Ten days. 3 organic quizzes, another notebook grade, and lots of finals..... 
The 3.93 will be MINE!!!!
<- this is ochem II

The 3.93 will be MINE!!!!

<- this is ochem IIMonday is my last day! I am officially done with McGill on Monday...then off to Gtown or Cinci.
My friends will have a beer waiting for me outside of the exam hall.
My friends will have a beer waiting for me outside of the exam hall.

Three more days, two more finals! Congrats, everyone! We've (almost) made it!!
32 hours to go.... I'm trying sooooo hard not to slack off though y'day I did spend the day sitting outside and people watching because I was pretending to be done with classes when I still have this biochem take home final to finish 🙄
Good luck to everyone going through finals right now!! Almost there!!
Good luck to everyone going through finals right now!! Almost there!!
Orgo final Friday, Bio final tuesday and then a summer of bliss.
all finished here and the 3.9288 is in the books! no more postbacc for me!!
congrats to everyone finishin up!
congrats to everyone finishin up!
All done as of 6PM y'day!! 
It has been a looooong 3.5 years but I'm glad it's over and I guess I can almost call myself an MS-1 😱!!!

It has been a looooong 3.5 years but I'm glad it's over and I guess I can almost call myself an MS-1 😱!!!
Done
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 986
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 700
