anyone had their BU interview yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ERA8669

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello...so has anyone had an interview at BU yet? I have read all of the interview feedback entries and searched for threads on this from this cycle but I'd still like to hear what people have to say. I have an interview there Friday..and since it is my first interview I am sufficiently freaked out. I know it's supposed to be one of the most laid back interviews but I still feel like I need more reassuring, haha.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there a few weeks ago, and it was very relaxed. the interview was just like a conversation, no hard questions asked. The only sort of nerve-wracking thing was that they put everyone in a room (during the lunch-with-the-students part) and little by little professors came in to get people for interviews...so some of the people were waiting for more than an hour to actually have their interview. But I talked with the other folks interviewing that day, and none of them seemed stressed over their interview. Just have a good time with it -- it was my first interview, and I was certainly nervous, but the admissions staff seemed extremely personable and laid-back. Good luck!!

how many people they interview per one day?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed there a few weeks ago, and it was very relaxed. the interview was just like a conversation, no hard questions asked. The only sort of nerve-wracking thing was that they put everyone in a room (during the lunch-with-the-students part) and little by little professors came in to get people for interviews...so some of the people were waiting for more than an hour to actually have their interview. But I talked with the other folks interviewing that day, and none of them seemed stressed over their interview. Just have a good time with it -- it was my first interview, and I was certainly nervous, but the admissions staff seemed extremely personable and laid-back. Good luck!!

thank you! i know it won't be bad but I can't help but fear the worst. i definitely see myself getting nervous during that wait time so hopefully i will be called first.

how many people they interview per one day?

i was wondering this as well..?

There were ~10-12 people there.

Waiting for my application to be completed... Hopefully I will hear some good news from them....:xf:

what documents if any should i take with me to the interview?

you only are required to bring a 2x2 photograph of yourself. of course, you may want to bring other interview type things...a tablet and pencil, for example, but nothing other than the photo is explicitly required.