Anyone have experience with Pyxis CareFusion?

Started by Sparda29
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have so much trouble with this machine at work. When you're working in the narcotics safe, it only gives you 2 chances at getting the inventory count right. Which is particularly hard when stuff isn't where it's supposed to be. I end up having a discrepancy report print out on me whenever I go in there. Why can't the machine just tell you how much there is supposed to be in the safe after you dispense something and you just confirm/deny it, instead of having to count the entire inventory of that drug everytime you go in.
 
So you actually count the drug instead if just hitting ok. They cut your lazy off at the pass.

No, so you actually know how much is supposed to be there rather than guessing if something is misplaced or missing.

The problem is that it is not an NDC based system. Like, for one discrepancy that I had, I thought I was only supposed to be counting how many vials we had. It actually wanted me to count the vials + pre-filled syringes.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, so you actually know how much is supposed to be there rather than guessing if something is misplaced or missing.

The problem is that it is not an NDC based system. Like, for one discrepancy that I had, I thought I was only supposed to be counting how many vials we had. It actually wanted me to count the vials + pre-filled syringes.

Dude, how dense are you about hospital pharmacy? The whole point is to track down the missing/misplaced stuff. If it isn't there in the count then it needs to be accounted for...
 
The problem is that it is not an NDC based system. Like, for one discrepancy that I had, I thought I was only supposed to be counting how many vials we had. It actually wanted me to count the vials + pre-filled syringes.

yeah duh it's a hospital, if we were using NDC's for tracking, the whole thing would go to pot.

supply switches weekly man...one day tubex, another day glass vials, you'll be lucky to have the same qty sometimes.
 
Pyxis Medstations: Turn the blind count off.

C-II safe: Go to Setup > System Config > Options > Display Inventory. Make sure "Display Inventory" box is checked. This should solve your problem.
 
Last edited: