Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Anyone have experince commuting to uic?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Storm9, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Storm9

Storm9 Junior Member

Pre-Medical
    I live in Naperville, il and wondering if i should drop my housing for next year and just commute. I know quite a few friends who are commuting from here(they are freshman also). It saves me money and it doesnt seem all to bad. Its about a 40min train ride to chicago.

What do u think? :thumbup: or :thumbdown:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doctor~Detroit

Doctor~Detroit this poll sux!!!

sounds good to me.

4. jackieMD2007

jackieMD2007 ***MVI***

Resident [Any Field]
    You could totally take Metra. Why not?

5. thinknofu3

Medical Student
    I'd say it all depends what you want to do in your spare time. As far as I understand it (I'm from the NW burbs too), there's not a whole lot to entertain you in your spare time out in the suburbs. The people and fun things to do (in my opinion) are all downtown. However, if your main priority is to save money, living at home will definitely be cheaper. Just remember, Metra is good for "commuting" times (early morning and late afternoon), but not so great for times when people usually go out socially.

6. zach1201

zach1201 Senior Member

You save money but lose out on a lot of the "college experience". Your choice.