Anyone have IUSO interview feedback/info?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyelover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I have a IUSO interview very soon and have been reading the threads about the new interview system at IUSO, but I am still not sure what to expect. Is there no actual one-on-one or real "interview"? If anyone who has already had their interview at IUSO this semester can give me any feedback on how the day actually went, that would be really helpful and beneficial! If anyone can reply even briefly but quickly that would be awesome!

Thanks!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there. I "interviewed" at IUSO on October 22nd of this year. From what I understood, the strongest candidates are invited to one of two dates in October (8th and 22nd). These are the students with the immiscible GPAs and OAT scores. IUSO decided not to do formal interviews for these two groups this year, because over the years only 2% of them have not been admitted. This new formatting is supposed to provide a more relaxed, and informative environment. I really enjoyed it. The day began with a standard tour of the campus and clinic. Then there was a faculty panel of 5 professors, and it was just a Q and A with them. Our families were even included in during this panel. After that they put on a nice banquet lunch for us. Each student (and guest) was sat with an admissions staff member, a current student, and a professor. It was a really nice time to casually chat, and ask questions and get to know them. After that, the day concluded with another discussion panel with current students. This was very informative.

My number one choice was NOVA in FL, and had been accepted there the week before. However, after visiting IUSO, the amicability of the staff, and students completely changed my mind. The class sizes are much smaller, and it felt like a more cohesive, family-type environment. The optometry building is old, leaving somewhat to-be-desired, but they are remodeling for next year.

I was accepted 1 week after my visit, and decided to attend IUSO. There is a chance that you might have this same format when you visit. However, from what I understood it was only for the October interviews. I seem to recall the staff indicating that traditional interviews would resume for November through the close of the cycle.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I had my interview day on November 11 and the format was the same as the previous poster. I also found out a week later that I was accepted. Great school and all of the faculty and students were very helpful. The only concern I have is that the in-state tuition is very difficult to obtain if you are not an Indiana resident. They told me that the only way to receive it is if your primary reason for coming to Indiana is anything other than school. Good luck!