Anyone have thoughts/experiences with admissions consulting services?

Started by ellie42
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ellie42

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have thoughts/experiences with admissions consulting services?

I only want to apply for med school once so I want to do everything that I can to get in.

Have services like Inquarta helped anyone out there? Anyone had experience with them and feel like they were a waste of money?
 
I worked with Judy Colwell and found her to be a huge help. From helping with how to position myself, to primary/secondary proofing and mock interviews, she was a real asset.

Do an advanced search on her name in Pre-Allo and you'll see she comes up a lot. SDN was a great help for tips and tricks here and there, but there is a point when you aren't really looking for the opinions of a huge collection of early-twentysomething premeds. Judy was an adcom at Stanford and an advisor for years. She was very helpful and cool to work with.