Anyone having any luck with a ~3.2 science GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Newyorkgirl24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess I expected to maybe have 2 interviews so far but maybe I was being overly confident.
I applied very broadly to about 26 DO schools, all over the country.

My cGPA is a 3.5 and a 3.25 for sGPA, MCAT is 506.
I have decent EC's & DO letter.

I didn't realize how much this science GPA would have hurt me since I have been screened out of 3 schools already due to it and its been mentioned at the school I did receive one II for. I know its on the weaker end but I guess I should have been much more worrisome about it. My goal was always to do a post bacc program but because I already have so many loans, I wanted to take a shot on the cycle to see if I could have avoided it anyway.

Anyone with a sci GPA in that range having more luck than me?

Members don't see this ad.

I had lower GPAs but higher MCAT and received acceptances to DO school. You can do postbacc at CC. Retake all sciences classes you did poorly in. Mine cost ~4k for 50 credits of post bacc classes (3 semesters) at my CC.

I have a 2.9 sGPA and a significant upward trend over 60ish credit hours of upper level sciences (like a 3.9 for the sciences).
I have two acceptances to DO schools this far and have received secondaries at schools that screen heavily.

Personally, with the information given, I think you should relax and ride this cycle out. I would enroll in some post bacc classes (only if you can succeed in them).

Worst case scenario you reapply next cycle with an upward trend.

You got this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hard to say. I have a low science GPA (less than 3.2, so I got a hard screen from CUSOM) but a 513 MCAT. I'm sitting on one state MD II, and four holds (1 MD, 3 DO). I still have to hear back from a little more than 20 other schools, so no idea what will happen, but I'm grateful for anything so far.

I have similar stats to you except for a 515 MCAT. So far, I had 1 II, 1 interview hold, and 3 rejections. Still waiting to hear back from the majority of schools I applied to (30 programs total).

Reactions: 1 user