Anyone hear back from LECOM decisions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pjc199

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone get accepted or rejected from either LECOM campuses? I interviewed at both recently and have not hear anything yet.

Members don't see this ad.

pjc199 said:
Anyone get accepted or rejected from either LECOM campuses? I interviewed at both recently and have not hear anything yet.

I was wondering the same thing...I interviewed 2 weeks ago at LECOM-FL and have not heard anything yet.

That's interesting. It seemed to me that the Admissions folks at LECOM-Bradenton would definately be more prone to getting back to us at an earlier date than Erie. From what I remember, we were quoted two weeks, but definately within 30 days. Then again, they did put down the wrong phone number to contact them about accepting interview dates. At the same time, I don't want to be a pest and email/call them to find out. Nonetheless, it would only take one acceptance by either of them to make me a very happy person.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know exactly how you feel...I have been waiting for the past two weeks for something (I was quoted within two weeks). I figure if I haven't heard by the end of this week I am going to contact them. I too, would be a very happy person if they accept me.

From what I remember from last year, the adcoms meet and have a decision within 2 weeks of the interview date, so you will probably find out within 2.5-3 weeks of your interview. I got my letter about 2.5 weeks after my interview. I'm sure its a similar process this year.

Good luck to you all.

Ryan

DocRadak said:
From what I remember from last year, the adcoms meet and have a decision within 2 weeks of the interview date, so you will probably find out within 2.5-3 weeks of your interview. I got my letter about 2.5 weeks after my interview. I'm sure its a similar process this year.

Good luck to you all.

Ryan

As DocRadak said, it may take 2-4 weeks. I know how anxious a couple of you are but the time will come...it took me 3 weeks after my interview to recieve my acceptance. Anyways, good luck to all of ya'll!

Interesting that you have your location as LECOM-B Library when the library seemed to consist of about 100 text books. Overall, I am excited for this school because of its amazing facility, nice weather, and great location. I fell in love with Sarasota and its beaches the moment I walked down the white sand beach and picked up a fully intact conch shell, with no blemishes. Just imagine laying on the beach studying..haha.

pjc199 said:
Interesting that you have your location as LECOM-B Library when the library seemed to consist of about 100 text books. Overall, I am excited for this school because of its amazing facility, nice weather, and great location. I fell in love with Sarasota and its beaches the moment I walked down the white sand beach and picked up a fully intact conch shell, with no blemishes. Just imagine laying on the beach studying..haha.

As to my location....well, if you get accepted you will find out soon enough. I won't spoil your fun but what you have heard about the volume and workload, it's all pretty accurate. As far as the facility, atmosphere, and location-yep, top notch. Good Luck.

pjc199 said:
I have an interview coming up, may I ask what you thought of yours?

ssc101 said:
I have an interview coming up, may I ask what you thought of yours?

Pretty laid back. I interviewed at other places and this one was the most straight forward. I was just myself and answered with sincerity. I know a couple of the interviewers up here, Dr. King, (a surgeon) and of course the legendary Dr. Kreuger! Don't BS the answers...just relax. They tend to ask similar questions to all interviewee's so my advice; check out the med school interview feedback link at the main SDN page to the left. One might see a couple of those questions...in fact, you might see all of them! Any other advice, gimme a pm!

Cheers

pjc199 said:
I fell in love with Sarasota and its beaches the moment I walked down the white sand beach and picked up a fully intact conch shell, with no blemishes. Just imagine laying on the beach studying..haha.

..yes sarasota is great..esp main street... but good luck finding the time to hang out there.. and oh... studying at the beach?.. sounds easier than it really is...

I was interviewed at LECOM at the Erie,PA site on October 4 and I recieved my letter on Octerber 18. The letter was dated October 13 which sounds about right for snailmail speed to reach my state in Tennessee.

I interviewed on Oct. 7 and haven't heard a thing yet...Do they send out rejections within the same amount of time? I'm having bad vibes now that I may have not received anything because I have been rejected.

Members don't see this ad :)
And lastly..should I email them this afternoon as to find out Monday what the deal is?

I interviewed the 11th and heard on the 23rd. Erie will refuse to tell you if you got in/rejected/waitlisted in any form but a letter. They made that clear to not bother asking them.

Give yourself a good 2-4 weeks after you interview at LECOM.

Anyone know if they send out rejections and acceptances at the same time? Aka, does everyone find out within 2-4 weeks of their final status?

pjc199 said:

Have you applied to other schools? What is your number choice? I suggest that you talk to few students there and see what they really feel like.

Is this a negative post, phar?

i just received my interview invitation yesterday (erie campus). it took me by total surprise because i just sent out my secondary 2 weeks ago!! i'm not complaining though.

any tips for me guys?

when is your interview scheduled for...mine is December 2nd

stretch210 said:
when is your interview scheduled for...mine is December 2nd

i'll be there with you on the 2nd :) i just sent you a PM as well....

mine is next Tuesday 11/16.

I'm nervous but not nervous... can't really describe how I feel.

I'm wondering if anybody has any other information about the school other than what's on the website?

TIA.
Andrea

oh.. ps. does anybody know how many people they interview vs accept?

I was told at my interview last week, that they interview around 900 and accept 230 or so. Hope that helps!

They interviewed a total of 900 applicants to fill both the Erie and Bradenton campuses. One should suspect that this year they will interview about 600 people in Erie and 400 or so in Bradenton. Out of those interviewed, I would suspect that about 300 are accepted to Erie and about 200 are accepted to Bradenton. These numbers are what I would think is close to reality since Erie's class size is typically around 200 people and Bradenton's first year class was around 150.

pjc199 said:
They interviewed a total of 900 applicants to fill both the Erie and Bradenton campuses. One should suspect that this year they will interview about 600 people in Erie and 400 or so in Bradenton. Out of those interviewed, I would suspect that about 300 are accepted to Erie and about 200 are accepted to Bradenton. These numbers are what I would think is close to reality since Erie's class size is typically around 200 people and Bradenton's first year class was around 150.

Did any of you guys took August MCAT and when was your application complete.

guess my numbers were a little off! My secondary was complete around the middle of Sept. and interviewed in Nov.

then my new scores, from August, were recieved by the schools around Oct 25

I was accepted to LEcom class of 2009 on Nov. 1st. Anyone have any questions about anything feel free to email.

I interviewed at Erie on oct. 21 and received my accpetance letter nov. 3
However, i have declined to attend and have sent my decision, so theres one extra seat for some one who loved the school. Good luck all.

BERNZ said:
I interviewed at Erie on oct. 21 and received my accpetance letter nov. 3
However, i have declined to attend and have sent my decision, so theres one extra seat for some one who loved the school. Good luck all.

thank you and God bless you!!! :D

another decline from me is on the way...interviewed oct 28, accepted nov 3rd, so one more space