Anyone hear back from NEOUCOP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MsRx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone that went to the November 10, 2008 interview hear back from NEOUCOP? I was told it takes about 2 weeks and I was wondering if any of you heard anything? I loved the school when I visited and I am anxious to hear something. I want good news to tell my family on Thanksgiving.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed that same day and I havent heard anything either. I am starting to a little nervous too.

I was gone for the weekend but was surprised with my acceptance letter when I returned today :)

Members don't see this ad :)
i just got an interview invitation from NEOUCOP. any advices or tips? i found out that the cleveland airport is about 1 hour away from the university. that is one freaking expensive taxi drive (~$100).

I received an invite via telephone yesterday. I still haven't received any email or snail mail. did you superconduct?

I received an invite via telephone yesterday. I still haven't received any email or snail mail. did you superconduct?

nope. he says we will get more detail information in the email, but i still haven't received any. probably after christmas. when is your interview? mine is on jan 12.

Well that's good and bad, I was hoping to get the info so I could make travel arrangements. oh well. Mine is on 1/12, see you there.

I don't know if this helps with travel arrangements at all - mine in December started at 8 or 8:30 til 2.

I don't know if this helps with travel arrangements at all - mine in December started at 8 or 8:30 til 2.

how was it? one-one interview right? did you stay at the holiday inn near the university?

Anyone else interviewing January 12th?

how was it? one-one interview right? did you stay at the holiday inn near the university?

Well..all the interviews are 2 "faculty members" and you. Mine were a professor and a practicing pharmacist. I stayed at the hampton inn in Kent.

Well..all the interviews are 2 "faculty members" and you. Mine were a professor and a practicing pharmacist. I stayed at the hampton inn in Kent.

how was it? what is your impression of the interviewers and the school? It is tough to get any ideas about the interview and the school b/c so few NEOUCOP peoples in this forums. Did you get any answers from the neoucop yet? oh, how did you get to the school? by taxi or rent a car?

how was it? what is your impression of the interviewers and the school? It is tough to get any ideas about the interview and the school b/c so few NEOUCOP peoples in this forums. Did you get any answers from the neoucop yet? oh, how did you get to the school? by taxi or rent a car?

My interview was super laid back. It fed off the conversation and just went well. The people at the school are very nice and very involved. They believe alot in this program that integrates the medical and pharmacy programs. They'll give you a really good oversight about who can succeed in their program and give you a chance to ask questions.

I was accepted. And I had driven up the night before, so I drove myself to the school. It was only like 10 min from my hotel. The only reason I got a hotel was because we had to be there by 8:30.

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview was super laid back. It fed off the conversation and just went well. The people at the school are very nice and very involved. They believe alot in this program that integrates the medical and pharmacy programs. They'll give you a really good oversight about who can succeed in their program and give you a chance to ask questions.

I was accepted. And I had driven up the night before, so I drove myself to the school. It was only like 10 min from my hotel. The only reason I got a hotel was because we had to be there by 8:30.

Thanks for the info. How many people interview? Only you and one other person answering my post and i could not find anything else about NEOUCOMP in the forums. anyway, thanks again for the info. great help.

Thanks for the info. How many people interview? Only you and one other person answering my post and i could not find anything else about NEOUCOMP in the forums. anyway, thanks again for the info. great help.

I don't know the total number of people that interview..there were about 20 there the day I went. I think the breakdown for people accepted is 15 from each partner school and 15 from other places. PM me if you have any more questions.

I had a Jan. 12th interview today at 8:30 AM. Actually the introduction session started at 8:30, and I was interviewed at 10:30 AM.

We first sat in a big room together, each of us in front of a pc, and we went around introducing ourselves and saying something interesting about ourselves. Then we had a Q&A session for 15 minutes. Then we broke down into different groups, (A,B,C,D, etc.) and each did their own thing. Some went to be interviewed, others has discussion/break time, and others went on a tour. Then, at 1 pm we had a FREE lunch at their cafe. Also each group was lead to lunch with a P1 student. After that, we went back to the computer room and had 45 minutes to type out a non-pharmacy related essay. The interview ended at 2 pm and we had another short Q&A session. The computers have Word 2007, and it was my first time using it so it was a bit of a learning experience for me.

The mandatory tour was 1 hr. long and it was soo boring!!

Also they told me to bring a book or something to work on during the breaks but they are only 30 minutes long and you end up passing the time by talking to the other people in your group.

They really stressed that the best feature about their school is how they promote team work among the doctors and pharmacists by requiring them to take classes together. They use Pass/fail grades instead of A,B,C,D,F in order to encourage cooperation instead of competition.

They also are very confident about obtaining accredition because the have hired the same people that Texas Tech did when they were a new pharmacy program. Also one of their staff members is on the ACPE so that helps.

Last edited:
I was there that day too, i liked it alot, cant wait to hear!

I was at the jan 12th interview and i got a call on tuesday saying i was accepted, i didnt get anything in the mail yet though, im still waiting on that. Im from a non partnership school so im kinda shocked, anyone else?!

any news lately from NEOUCOP anyone.? anyone receive an alternate letter from the school? i just received them today. pretty sad:(:(

Anybody who interviewed earlier this month hear anything?? I was really impressed with the school/faculty and now i'm really anxious!

After about three months of crap (long story), I received an alt list letter today.

I had originally applied to this school, but ultimately withdrew my application. I wasn't overly thrilled with the location or their policy if "80% of our class is promised to people from four partner schools", and ultimately I didn't think I would be happy there (which is merely a personal choice and not a commentary on the school itself). What did strike me as strange, though, was when NEOUCOP called me to ask when I was going to be sending in my Supplemental Application. The conversation went something like this-

NEOUCOP-"We were just calling to see if you were going to be sending in your Supplemental Application so that we can get you all set up for an interview."
Me-"Thanks, but unfortunately, I have to withdraw my application."
NEOUCOP-"Are you sure?"
Me-"Yes, there are some outstanding prerequisite issues...my school doesn't offer Biochemistry and I haven't taken Physics II, and that would be too much for one summer."
NEOUCOP-"Are you sure that would be too much for one summer?"
Me-"It would be incredibly difficult, since my school doesn't offer the Biochemistry."
NEOUCOP-"Okay...well, your application is certainly very strong, and if you were to apply again next year, we would be sure to take a look at you."

I'm flattered and all, but that just raises a red flag when the school calls someone personally and that sort of conversation ensues. Especially when the number they called, my work number, was not a number on my PharmCAS application. Are they having that hard of a go in terms of finding students?

Maybe I'm just overreacting, but considering that they were the only school to do that, something seemed amiss.

Last edited:
They are a good school and they have some high aspirations. Its a hard time being a new pharm school but they are trying to do something different and are in an area where the shortage still very much exists.

As far as that convo, I had a very similar one with Creighton when I tried to cancel an interview...which is a well established, competitive school.

I got pulled the alternate list today...via snail mail. I haven't made my mind up yet though.