Anyone hear back from NYIT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Grace26

Reaction score
Did anyone here attend the interview at NYIT last week?? If you did, have you heard anything from the school regarding decisions?

Members don't see this ad.

No I haven’t not, and I was interviewed 10/12. I know they said by the end of last week, so I’m a bit nervous.

I interviewed 9/21/18 and I still have not heard anything back. They didn't give much of a clear time frame at my interview day so I have do idea when to expect a decision :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone here attend the interview at NYIT last week?? If you did, have you heard anything from the school regarding decisions?
Can anyone tell me how the interview was like and did you wait long to interview, I heard they don’t have a specific order and call random people?

I interviewed 9/21/18 and I still have not heard anything back. They didn't give much of a clear time frame at my interview day so I have do idea when to expect a decision :/
is this for the fall semester? cause my NYIT deadline was 10/15.

I interviewed yesterday and apparently they only have 10-11 seats left. There were around 30 interviewees yesterday and still a group coming in two weeks. Eeeeek :(

I interviewed yesterday and apparently they only have 10-11 seats left. There were around 30 interviewees yesterday and still a group coming in two weeks. Eeeeek :(
If you don't mind me asking, how long was the interview and when did yours start?

If you don't mind me asking, how long was the interview and when did yours start?

The whole thing lasted from 8am until around noon i believe. They sat us in a classroom, talked about the program a bit, let us ask questions to faculty and current students and then gave us an essay. While writing the essay, we were calling in individually for a ~10 min interview. Very conversational and laid back!

Reactions: 1 user
The whole thing lasted from 8am until around noon i believe. They sat us in a classroom, talked about the program a bit, let us ask questions to faculty and current students and then gave us an essay. While writing the essay, we were calling in individually for a ~10 min interview. Very conversational and laid back!
Thank you! after the essay there was a tour?

I just heard back from nyit yesterday, and I’m on their waitlist, does everyone know how many people they usually put on the waitlist ?

I just heard back from nyit yesterday, and I’m on their waitlist, does everyone know how many people they usually put on the waitlist ?

Same :( they said they’ll let us know our placement within two weeks. Not sure how many people but last year they got up to 18. It sucks they took SO many people off of ED.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do people from early decision also place on the waitlist too, or you meant they gave out a lot of spot for ED

Do people from early decision also place on the waitlist too, or you meant they gave out a lot of spot for ED
I’m not too sure how ED works but I do know that they filled about 35 of their 45 spots just from the 3+3 program, Adelphi grads, and early decision. Leaving less than 12 spots :(

Rejected, probably b/c I didn't get 300 observation hours

I haven’t heard anything from them except that my application was under review.