Anyone hear back from OSU, Pitt, UIC, or NYU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wischme2015

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was recently accepted to Northwestern and Rosalind Franklin, but I’m waiting to hear back from OSU, U of Pittsburgh, UIC, and NYU to make my decision. I interviewed at NYU on 11/10 and am waiting. Anyone hear back from any of these programs yet?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I was recently accepted to Northwestern and Rosalind Franklin, but I’m waiting to hear back from OSU, U of Pittsburgh, UIC, and NYU to make my decision. I interviewed at NYU on 11/10 and am waiting. Anyone hear back from any of these programs yet?

I was accepted to Pitt in mid to late October

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a “save the date” email from OSU for their interview/open house day

Was it like an invitation to you or just a general email? And when did you get that?

It didn’t seem like a formal invitation but I know in another forum a few people said they didn’t get it and one other person said they did. It just said to save the date for the interview/open house day and included the date and that was it. I got it on the 9th.

I was planning to just wait to see if they sent anything since because a few schools higher on my list offered me interviews but I’ll send them an email now just to clarify what it means.

It didn’t seem like a formal invitation but I know in another forum a few people said they didn’t get it and one other person said they did. It just said to save the date for the interview/open house day and included the date and that was it. I got it on the 9th.

I was planning to just wait to see if they sent anything since because a few schools higher on my list offered me interviews but I’ll send them an email now just to clarify what it means.

Oh ok. Hmm that’s interesting. Yeah let me know what they say when they clarify if you can!

Oh ok. Hmm that’s interesting. Yeah let me know what they say when they clarify if you can!

So earlier they replied and said more information would be coming out today and then a few hours ago I got an official invitation which included a link to sign up for a time and more details about the day.

So earlier they replied and said more information would be coming out today and then a few hours ago I got an official invitation which included a link to sign up for a time and more details about the day.
Well, shoot. I didn't get that email. :/ I wonder if they are sending more out or if that means I won't be invited. I emailed them to inquire about my application so I guess we shall see.

Oh damn. Well congrats on your invite!!! I didn’t get one either, but you’re one of two people I’ve heard get one, so I’m wondering. You’re from out of state right?

Oh damn. Well congrats on your invite!!! I didn’t get one either, but you’re one of two people I’ve heard get one, so I’m wondering. You’re from out of state right?

Thank you!! I hope y’all hear something good soon! And yes I am

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed OSU and they said "We have sent out our first round of interview invitations, but not everyone has responded yet. We will also have a second interview day in mid-January, and those invitations will be sent out sometime before the end of this month"... so to everyone who hasn't received the first invite: don't worry--I didn't either! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! I interviewed NYU 11/10 and was accepted 12/5. Good Luck!

Me too! Are you going to the open house on the 4th?

Congrats!! I’m not sure yet. I have an acceptance at my #1 school which is in my home state, but I’ve also never toured UIC so I don’t know what it’s like! The out of state tuition is really what’s making it hard to decide because it’s a lot more than I could be spending here.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!! I’m not sure yet. I have an acceptance at my #1 school which is in my home state, but I’ve also never toured UIC so I don’t know what it’s like! The out of state tuition is really what’s making it hard to decide because it’s a lot more than I could be spending here.

Very true. But I always say it’s a worth a visit because you never know!

I received an acceptance from Pitt on Thursday, 12/13.

Reactions: 1 users
When did you get verified? I was verified beginning of November and still have not heard back.

I submitted my application the day before the deadline, I believe 12/4, was verified within the week, and then received my acceptance on Thursday. I’m not sure how they’re admissions work, so I’m sorry I’m not of more help, but good luck!

Congrats! I was verified at the end of August and still haven’t heard anything. Hopefully they’ll still send out offers.
I was accepted into Pitt in October, but am probably going to turn down the offer. I know Pitt sends acceptances from October through April/May. Several people in this current cohort were accepted in March, so don't lose hope! There's still plenty of time.