Anyone hear back from...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alkali123

Wussup?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Auburn University or Howard University??

I recieved a letter from Howard in January saying they recieved my application. Has anyone tried to call the admissions to see what the status of their application was?

havent heard anyting about auburn yet..

still waiting...:mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Still waiting to hear from Auburn, Hampton, and Shenandoah..... but they just got the PCAT scores last week.

I recieved a letter from Howard in January saying they recieved my application. Has anyone tried to call the admissions to see what the status of their application was?

I'm still waiting to hear back from Howard too. I received a letter from Howard regarding the classes I need to complete before admission there, but no word on an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
i heard howard is really bad at letting ppl know about admissions.. i dont know if i should call them tomorrow or just wait???

i applied to howard in early fall and heard of an interview the first week of january. i had the interview on jan 17th but havent heard back since..

I called Auburn about the status of my application since I hadn't heard from them in a while. The admissions lady said my application was flagged for an interview!:D That was the good news however.........

The bad news is, I discovered that I'm missing their immunology pre-req requirement when I reviewed the school. I don't know how I missed that detail when I first applied, but I think that I misinterpreted Auburn's pre-pharmacy track on their website. I thought that was a suggested track for Auburn students and I didn't realize that most of those courses applied to other schools. I have no idea why Auburn didn't catch my missing immunology course in their preliminary review.:oops:

So, I'm probably going to call Auburn tomorrow about the situation since I don't want to waste hundreds of dollars getting down there when I'll be rejected regardless of the quality of my interview.

Omnione- my daughter is also missing the immunology and the biochemistry pre-req from Auburn. However, when she spoke to the contact person on their website, she was told that she could take both those classes this summer. Their schedule of classes has them offering both; I would guess that a lot of people are missing those pre-reqs and end up taking the classes in the summer prior to matriculation. At least, that's what the school suggested when she spoke to them on the phone. I think they're well aware that many schools don't require the same courses for a degree; their website says that the courses must be completed prior to the start of the first Fall semester.

On the up-side of that, the school was excited about her application because she'll be coming with an undergrad degree (pre-prof sciences). Now that her PCAT is on file, we're just waiting to hear if they want her to come down to interview.

Let me know what they say when you talk to them on Monday.

Omnione- my daughter is also missing the immunology and the biochemistry pre-req from Auburn. However, when she spoke to the contact person on their website, she was told that she could take both those classes this summer. Their schedule of classes has them offering both; I would guess that a lot of people are missing those pre-reqs and end up taking the classes in the summer prior to matriculation. At least, that's what the school suggested when she spoke to them on the phone. I think they're well aware that many schools don't require the same courses for a degree; their website says that the courses must be completed prior to the start of the first Fall semester.

On the up-side of that, the school was excited about her application because she'll be coming with an undergrad degree (pre-prof sciences). Now that her PCAT is on file, we're just waiting to hear if they want her to come down to interview.

Let me know what they say when you talk to them on Monday.

That's what I figured too as I looked up Auburn's course catalog for the summer. I guess Auburn has a long summer session as the course lasts from May 17th to August 2nd, so taking one course wouldn't be mind-blowing. Also, the husband of my research adviser teaches the immunology course at my college so I could be able to take an independent study course from him. I guess I do have options, but I guess the prospects of getting rejected after spending all that money to get down to Auburn scared me.

Thanks for the support!

so you jus called auburn asking about your status?? hmm maybe i should do that as well.. i sent in the supplementals.

so you jus called auburn asking about your status?? hmm maybe i should do that as well.. i sent in the supplementals.

I did, but the lady who runs things was away from her desk.

After I FINALLY found the correct requirements page, however, I learned that I'm missing a few more requirements. I don't have two semesters of world literature and I'm missing an additional semester of history. Sheesh, talking about shooting myself in the foot AGAIN. I guess Auburn doesn't really screen out applicants with holes in their pre-pharmacy curriculum. So, I doubt that they would let me in with four missing courses. Even if they did, I'm not spending that much money to take those four courses unless Auburn is the only school that takes me.:(

Note to future pharmacy applicants: READ each school's requirements before applying on PharmCAS and don't assume that most schools are similar. ;)

I just got called for an interview at Howard. My application was processed 1/25.

did u get an email or a phone call??

i jus checked pharmcas.. my application was processed on 1/30.. hmmmm

Note to future pharmacy applicants: READ each school's requirements before applying on PharmCAS and don't assume that most schools are similar. ;)

Auburn's prereqs are not the norm, that's for sure! I had all of the classes I needed for Mercer, PBA, UofGA, and Samford done by Spring'06. In order to meet all of the requirements for AU, though, I had to add on an additional year of school... thankfully I will finally be done with all prereqs this semester!! Counting down the days til summer already :D

did u get an email or a phone call??

It was a phone call. I think I'm going to call back and decline, because of all the bad things I've heard.

Auburn's prereqs are not the norm, that's for sure! I had all of the classes I needed for Mercer, PBA, UofGA, and Samford done by Spring'06. In order to meet all of the requirements for AU, though, I had to add on an additional year of school... thankfully I will finally be done with all prereqs this semester!! Counting down the days til summer already :D

Julianne, what do you need to take this summer? My daughter will be short the Immunology and the biochemistry classes, but she's got everything else. They accepted you knowing you hadn't completed all the pre-reqs? That's encouraging....

Julianne, what do you need to take this summer? My daughter will be short the Immunology and the biochemistry classes, but she's got everything else. They accepted you knowing you hadn't completed all the pre-reqs? That's encouraging....

Sorry if my post was unclear... I'm finishing up the last of the prereqs (Literature, Biochem, and Immunology) this semester and I'll have the summer off :hardy: FWIW, though, I know of at least 2 people that have been accepted and still have to take Biochem and/or Immunology over the summer.

Sorry if my post was unclear... I'm finishing up the last of the prereqs (Literature, Biochem, and Immunology) this semester and I'll have the summer off :hardy: FWIW, though, I know of at least 2 people that have been accepted and still have to take Biochem and/or Immunology over the summer.

For what it's worth, eh....??? That's worth a lot. ;-)

i applied to howard in early fall and heard of an interview the first week of january. i had the interview on jan 17th but havent heard back since..

i have an interview coming up in 2 weeks at howard.. howd it go? any advice?