Anyone hear from BU lately

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

dds0610

Has anyone heard from boston lately? Also if you've been accepted about how many weeks after you interviewed did they get back to you? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

The admissions office said it takes 4-6 weeks to hear back (it's been 5 weeks since my interview, no response yet) and any change in status is posted on AADSAS which is updated on Fridays.

i was accepted just over 1 week after my interview via mail. I declined the offer with BU a few days ago (because I decided on UMDNJ) so hopefully a spot should be opening up for one of you guys! good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
frankbot said:
i was accepted just over 1 week after my interview via mail. I declined the offer with BU a few days ago (because I decided on UMDNJ) so hopefully a spot should be opening up for one of you guys! good luck

Hey frankbot when did u interview? I was there on feb 28th.

I interviewed on Feb 14th, and got a letter in the mail on the March 3rd saying that I was on the alternate list. So you should probably be hearing something soon. Good luck!

Tigerlili-Do you know if BU is already full? I'm asking cause you said they put you on their alternate list.

Mysteree said:
Tigerlili-Do you know if BU is already full? I'm asking cause you said they put you on their alternate list.

No I heard they are about 70 percent full with 20-30 seats left.

wpeck said:
No I heard they are about 70 percent full with 20-30 seats left.

ditto to that, spoke w/ Laura Ellerbeck today and she said 3/4 full. They're accepting AND waitlisting at the same time..........

That's bizarre that they're accepting and waitlisting at the same time. Those of you who've already interviewed there, what did you guys think of the place, facilities, faculty, student body??

I liked it...The students seemed pretty happy, The clinics seemed pretty good. I really like how the school is up to date on technology, and you get a huge patient pool. I guess thats why Im going there.

tinman831 said:
BOOO... six months and since I submitted my application and it is STILL under review. What a waste of money. :(

same here..
bah

tinman831 said:
BOOO... six months and since I submitted my application and it is STILL under review. What a waste of money. :(

tinman you're a riot! "boo" really now? *l* I hope you hear from them soon :)

Mysteree said:
That's bizarre that they're accepting and waitlisting at the same time. Those of you who've already interviewed there, what did you guys think of the place, facilities, faculty, student body??

The location is in the middle of a medical campus, so the buildings surrounding it are up to date and modern. However the surrounding area is a little "ghetto." The facilities are nice, however the building you take classes your 2nd year is different from the main dental building; the tour guide mentioned that this is a nuisance during the winter at times. All the faculty that I met were extremely nice, and it appeared as if students there have a peer-like relationship with them.

I interviewed a while ago and was wondering if anyone has heard anything from BU recently. Seems like they haven't been giving out many acceptances...

I received an acceptance letter on Friday, 3/17, AADSAS updated today. I interviewed on 2/7. Good luck to you all. :thumbup:

congrats on your acceptance tritron!!! has anyone else heard anything from BU/know where they are at in the application cycle???