Anyone Hear From NYU??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HighSpeed101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at NYUCD a couple weeks ago and I still have not heard anything. I called today and I was told that they haven't sent out my letter. I wonder if this is bad or a good thing? For the people that are in my shoes, lets keep each other updated. Good Luck!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Well I just called to NYU to ask a question. I was told that that my letter was sent out today. My question is, if I was accepted do you think the person I spoke to would have said congrats or is it illegal to do so? Please let me know :confused:

Well I just called to NYU to ask a question. I was told that that my letter was sent out today. My question is, if I was accepted do you think the person I spoke to would have said congrats or is it illegal to do so? Please let me know :confused:

It's their policy not to say over the phone. I had several conversations with them and they never revealed where I stood. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for letting me know PorkChop. I was about to go crazy. Hopefully I will see you in the Big Apple.

I too interviewed at NYU two weeks ago this coming Monday and Im OC w the mail-check. Esp since I already got into two others that want their deposits by next Wed. AHHH!!! I hope I hear from them on Mon or I'll be out $$$ for nothing...are you SURE they already mailed them? Thanks in advance. Good luck to everyone!!! Oh, just one last thing, quick poll: Is NYU your first choice, your backup/safety, or what? Just curious

All I know is that they sent out my letter today. I guess they would send out a group of letters so I am sure yours is in the batch. Anyways, NYU is my first choice so if you have other options go with them. ;)

Yeah, NYU is my first choice as well. Thats why I hope they answer me soon - dont want to pay the deposits for the other and then find out I DID get in (although Id be thrilled then too, just out a grand). Hope it comes on Monday........PLEASE!!!!!

Well in that case I hope you get in as well. At this point the decision has been made and our letters are sitting somewhere. I just hope when I get it, its a big envelope saying nothing but good things. Good Luck and let me know what happens.

Good luck guys, I will probably be giving out my spot shortly!

Well I didnt recieve anything in the mail today. I am guessing that it will be here tomorrow or wednesday at the latest. Did anybody hear anything? :sleep:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!

Last edited:
does anyone know if there are still more interview dates and how many seats are open still????

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if there are still more interview dates and how many seats are open still????

Why not shoot them an email or give them a call? I don't see why they wouldn't tell you.

Congrats motormouth!!!! I know you must be feeling on top of the world right now.

I was wondering if anyone has recieve rejection or waitlist letters that interviewed from february 11th till now?

:sleep:

Good luck guys :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Hopefully I'll hear from them next week.

heard today accepted with money
Interviewed march 7th

Congrats Hazontheclown!!!! I am super jealous but it makes me realize that they did send out all of the acceptances on Friday or Monday. I called today and I was told that my letter was prepared on Friday and it might have not been sent out till Monday. So to all you smart people out there, was the admissions person hinting at something? lol :scared:

hanzo, who did you interview with? what did you look like? I was there on march 7th as well?

I was the some what outspoken guy there, dark brown hair, darker skin wearing a red white and black stripped tie.
Who were you? What is your name?

i dont remember an outspoken guy there, what state were you from? i was one of the girls and i wore a skirt that day/brown hair

for those living in California, how long did it take for u to hear from them?

My was really fast. I interviewed there Feb. 11th and the letter was dated Feb 12th but I received it a week later on like 18th

Well everyone I would just like to say that I really appreciated your support through this but unfortunately I was placed on the waitlist. :( So I was wondering what you think I should do from here. I have been told that many students get taken off of the waitlist but I am not going to stress over that and instead I will start making moves to hopefully get accepted in the 2009 or even 2010 cycles. I have already applied to various SMP's to boost up the credentials. Any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks :rolleyes:

Well everyone I would just like to say that I really appreciated your support through this but unfortunately I was placed on the waitlist. :( So I was wondering what you think I should do from here. I have been told that many students get taken off of the waitlist but I am not going to stress over that and instead I will start making moves to hopefully get accepted in the 2009 or even 2010 cycles. I have already applied to various SMP's to boost up the credentials. Any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't turn out how you would have liked, but you have a good plan. Esp with NYU a lot of people don't enroll since it's so expensive and opt for other institutions that they have received acceptance from. Can you call and see where you stand on the list?

All the best.

Anyone interview in the past few weeks heard good news?

Was anyone able to call and find out where they stand on the waitlist?

they dont release that information..and i believe the waitlist is not rigidly ranked anyway. they just go through it and see who is still interested to whittle it down..and then they pick and choose from that smaller pool of applicants over the course of the summer as spots become available.

I posted this on another thread, but just to give this one a bump since more people have viewed it:

I received my acceptance letter today via USPS. I live in California and I interviewed on March 10th. They accurately told me to expect at least two weeks before receiving any news.

Best of luck to everyone!

Anyone interview March 7 and hear from NYU?

I just talked to nyu today.. They have their interviews all the up to april 11th. The lady also said there is nearly 200 people on their waitlist. **ouch**

However, the good news is that they plan to start going over the waitlist in about 2 weeks. We'll see if thats true.

I just talked to nyu today.. They have their interviews all the up to april 11th. The lady also said there is nearly 200 people on their waitlist. **ouch**

However, the good news is that they plan to start going over the waitlist in about 2 weeks. We'll see if thats true.

Hello
I just got an invitation for interview from NYU today. The thing is that I havn't paid them 85 dollars for the secondary application. Do you think it's a mistake? I'm excited, but I don't want to fool myself. should I go to NY for an interview?
Thanks in advanced.

your good. At my friends interivew at nyu.. something similar happened. They asked for a check while he was there.. so be sure to bring a check with you.

Good luck.

nearly 200 ppl isnt as bad as it sounds considering they still have spots open..and that many waitlisted ppl have already received acceptances elsewhere or made other plans. im quite confident of getting in eventually..redoing my DAT's too to give me a much needed edge.

i'm giving up my spot , hope it helps one of you

I interviewed on the 17th and had a letter written out the 20th. Sending out my deposit asap
:D