Anyone hear from ODU, VCU, USC OR MUSC yet?

Started by Mykenzie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mykenzie

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!

Just curious to see if anyone has been accepted to ODU, VCU, USC or MUSC yet?? and what was your GPA, GRE scores and volunteer hrs, thanks!
 
I applied to ODU. Did you by chance check your application status with them? I've been looking at mine and it says incomplete items outstanding. When I scroll down and look at what is missing my transcripts and GRE are missing. Do you think that this is because we applied through PTCAS and this is the supplemental application? Does anyone else's supplemental application say incomplete- items outstanding?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MUSC decisions probably won't be sent out until mid-February. If you applied early decision, they've already sent those decisions out.
 
Yes I heard from USC approximately 2 weeks ago. Deposits for their first round of accepted students is due this Friday, so I assume another round of notifications will be going out soon.
 
I applied to ODU. Did you by chance check your application status with them? I've been looking at mine and it says incomplete items outstanding. When I scroll down and look at what is missing my transcripts and GRE are missing. Do you think that this is because we applied through PTCAS and this is the supplemental application? Does anyone else's supplemental application say incomplete- items outstanding?
The status probably says incomplete due to the transcripts being sent via PTCAS. However, it shows record of when my GRE scores were received so I'm not sure why yours isn't showing up.
 
A friend of mine just received notification that she has been accepted into ODU's program. She didn't interview or anything.
 
A friend of mine just received notification that she has been accepted into ODU's program. She didn't interview or anything.

When did she submit on PTCAS? Does ODU even do interviews? I haven't heard from them yet and really getting worried that I'll be rejected 🙁
 
Yes they were acceptances. I got an email from VCU and a phone call from ODU.

Don't give up yet! I'm sure they haven't let everyone know yet...and there is always the wait list after some people get acceptances and then decline. Good luck!!!
 
Getting a call from ODU soon would make me so happy. ODU is my top choice because of location. 😀
 
ODU acceptance committee met this past Wed and should have started calling people this past Thu/Fri.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So ODU and VCU call you? You don't receive emails? Also is it more likely that you get a call if you've been accepted first or does the order not matter..
 
VCU sends you an email followed by a welcome packet in the mail. ODU gives you a call followed by a welcome packet. Last year, I received both around the same time- mid-late January.
 
Yeah, I'm assuming I got rejected from ODU & VCU. I have a low GPA, but I was still holding out hope that I might get accepted.
 
I applied to both ODU and VCU and haven't heard anything yet. I called ODU admissions a couple days ago to ask about my application status and was told that they only call applicants who have been accepted early. She said that they do not call the other applicants that are accepted later on, so don't be discouraged if you haven't heard anything yet! She literally laughed when i asked if they called all their accepted students. It sounded like they were behind on accepting the early admitted students so I'm guessing it could be early march for everyone else.
 
Thank you for posting this. I was too nervous to call, because I had just assumed that I was not accepted and I really did not want someone to tell me I was not accepted over the phone. Thanks again. I still have a little bit of hope left.
 
I assume I didn't get into VCU based on the fact that I haven't heard anything at all yet, but I got accepted to ODU in January. Anyone know anything about how late VCU accepts or what the differences between the two programs are?
Regarding MUSC, I applied early admission and got in around December, however, I've been told my many of my friends who applied regular admission that they should be making decisions this month.
 
Is there anyone that still hasn't heard from VCU yet? Also, does anyone know how late in the year they still accept people?
 
still havent heard from vcu. going to a different school at this point, but still want to know seeing as i applied there early decision.
 
I still have yet to receive a reply from VCU as well, it is the last school I have to hear back from. I see others have already received rejection letters fairly recently so I am concerned however I know that VCU does rolling admissions so they are most likely holding onto to some applications in case people do not accept to attend their program. VCU said that they will get back to everyone by April 1st. Still crossing my fingers as VCU was the only Virginia (in-state) school that I applied to and getting in would mean a TON of money saved.

I did esubmit my application the day before the deadline for VCU though, otherwise I would have also applied to ODU. This late submission may be why I still have no heard back from them... sigh.

Edit: Person before me said he/she applied early decision so I guess time does not really matter. I feel like those of us that still have not received a reply back may be in a pseudo-waitlist scenario.
 
Yes they were acceptances. I got an email from VCU and a phone call from ODU.

Don't give up yet! I'm sure they haven't let everyone know yet...and there is always the wait list after some people get acceptances and then decline. Good luck!!!






I am currently applying to the PT school. and ODU is my first choice followed by VCU and the rest later. I just took my GRE and was not very happy with the scores. If you don't mind me asking you what were your scores for ODU? I just want to know what they look at for accepting students. I am freaking out about it. I might have to take my GRE again.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad