sunnymeliss

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2005
99
0
Status (Visible)
Did anyone hear from UCSF yet? For those of you who have interviewed there, did they mention the % or # of students they accept during the first round of interviews?
 

PDizzle

PreDents.com
Partner Organization
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2005
1,292
5
LSU, New Orleans
www.predents.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I interview there this Thursday so I'll give you a holla back if I learn those numbers (which will almost definitely be asked).
 

nyching30

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2005
42
0
Status (Visible)
PDizzle said:
I interview there this Thursday so I'll give you a holla back if I learn those numbers (which will almost definitely be asked).

i remember dr. alexander saying that they would call between 20-25 people on december 1st. But he emphasized not to worry if you dont get called on dec 1st...it's rolling admissions so you could potentially hear from them anytime between now and when school starts. Someone correct me if i'm wrong

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=243807

i found that link, it might help.
 
About the Ads

wuyide

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2005
36
0
utah
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
i hear no decisions have been made there and no accpetances have been made yet. i hear they are gonna get together this monday (dec. 5)... just what i been hearing...
 

LuckyDenverMint

New Member
10+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2005
2
0
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
wuyide said:
i hear no decisions have been made there and no accpetances have been made yet. i hear they are gonna get together this monday (dec. 5)... just what i been hearing...

My friend who interviewed at UCSF on Thursday (dec 1st) told me no decisions were reached yet and that the committe was supposed to meet later that day to review applications. As for the Dec 1st group, the committee would probably convene to talk about that group on Dec 3.
 

sunnymeliss

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2005
99
0
Status (Visible)
I have several acceptances from some great private schools but b/c I'm a CA resident, going to UCSF or UCLA would save me so much money (not to mention that they're great schools too). As of now, I have yet to hear anything. Do you think that I would be making a mistake if I called the schools to ask about my file and mention that I already have several offers but UCLA/UCSF is my top choice school...that I would like to know where I stand before I make a deposit to the other school... thanks guys
 

shingshing

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2005
80
0
Status (Visible)
sunnymeliss said:
I have several acceptances from some great private schools but b/c I'm a CA resident, going to UCSF or UCLA would save me so much money (not to mention that they're great schools too). As of now, I have yet to hear anything. Do you think that I would be making a mistake if I called the schools to ask about my file and mention that I already have several offers but UCLA/UCSF is my top choice school...that I would like to know where I stand before I make a deposit to the other school... thanks guys
I dont think it's a bad idea to call them. You dont have to mention you are accepted by some other schools. I called UCSF on Dec 1st and their admission staff told me they just had meeting on that day about who should be admitted. It sounded to me that they just began their evaluation. So I dont think it will hurt to call them.
 

nothen2do

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2004
367
1
Status (Visible)
sunnymeliss said:
I have several acceptances from some great private schools but b/c I'm a CA resident, going to UCSF or UCLA would save me so much money (not to mention that they're great schools too). As of now, I have yet to hear anything. Do you think that I would be making a mistake if I called the schools to ask about my file and mention that I already have several offers but UCLA/UCSF is my top choice school...that I would like to know where I stand before I make a deposit to the other school... thanks guys


or you can wait the 30-45 day leeway that your acceptances give you before a deposit is due. After that, if you still haven't heard, then you're going to have to put down a deposit to the school that accepted you. Worst case scenario, which happened to me last year, is you get accepted to a UC after already paying a deposit to another school. Just take it like a man/woman, and in the end, even you lose your deposit, you still save big with public schools.

And let me pose you a question...you think by telling UC-- that you got accepted to a great private school will help your chances with them? I know if I was an adcom I would think "hum, they already got into a good school and might go there, so I might as well accept Lisa since she didn't threaten me with her acceptances
 

sunnymeliss

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2005
99
0
Status (Visible)
nothen2do said:
or you can wait the 30-45 day leeway that your acceptances give you before a deposit is due. After that, if you still haven't heard, then you're going to have to put down a deposit to the school that accepted you. Worst case scenario, which happened to me last year, is you get accepted to a UC after already paying a deposit to another school. Just take it like a man/woman, and in the end, even you lose your deposit, you still save big with public schools.

And let me pose you a question...you think by telling UC-- that you got accepted to a great private school will help your chances with them? I know if I was an adcom I would think "hum, they already got into a good school and might go there, so I might as well accept Lisa since she didn't threaten me with her acceptances

good point - it's just so frustrating that the UC's take so long with everything and that they have absolutely no customer service. I guess the savings is worth it though in the long run.
 

lifescool

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2005
80
0
CA
Status (Visible)
sunnymeliss said:
good point - it's just so frustrating that the UC's take so long with everything and that they have absolutely no customer service. I guess the savings is worth it though in the long run.

haha, we are all in the same boat here... patiently waiting for the UCs to sprinkle us some good news.
 

nothen2do

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2004
367
1
Status (Visible)
sunnymeliss said:
good point - it's just so frustrating that the UC's take so long with everything and that they have absolutely no customer service. I guess the savings is worth it though in the long run.

you're telling me, I lost $3000 to BU last year. Last year I interviewed in the beginning of november and didn't hear from SF until march...now that really sucked. So is losing your deposit worth it in the long run? Sure, but it hurts bad in the short run. Good luck with the UC's, SF is awesome so far
 

sunnymeliss

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2005
99
0
Status (Visible)
nothen2do said:
you're telling me, I lost $3000 to BU last year. Last year I interviewed in the beginning of november and didn't hear from SF until march...now that really sucked. So is losing your deposit worth it in the long run? Sure, but it hurts bad in the short run. Good luck with the UC's, SF is awesome so far

lucky you!!! (getting into SF I mean, not losing your $)
 
About the Ads
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.